Lush - Salt Tank remixes

The Questions for the Webmaster forum is used to ask and submit FAQ's and general questions regarding the website and Orbital. Not all questions can be answered but in general a reply will be given within one week. No Polls are allowed in this forum

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

Dog
Detached
antispam: No
Question: Orbital
Anti Spam: Orbital

Lush - Salt Tank remixes

Post by Dog »

I never, ever thought I'd be sitting here, typing a question into this section, what with me being a "fucking trainspotter" n' all, but can anyone tell me why the 2 Salt Tank remixes of 'Lush' were never released?

They exist, it says so on the Salt Tank remix section.

Both recorded in 1993, both unreleased... Why? Are there copies out there somewhere? How do I get my mitts on them? ;)
"Gimme the sight to see
another world outside that's full of
all the broken things that I made"
hippy dave
Meltdown

Post by hippy dave »

you can get one of them if you find somebody to sell you their copy of this.
whereas this page concurs that the above mix was "promo"-d, but lists the other as unreleased. so obtaining it would presumably require sexual favours to salt tank or possibly paul/phil.

that's as much information as i can garner from 30 seconds of googling :wink: but as for why, maybe they were commissioned but rejected/not finished in time/something (think there might have been enough versions of lush to be getting on with) or they might even have been unofficial bootleg-type mixes.
this is possibly too speculative to post in a forum that isn't entitled "questions for hippy dave to talk crap about" but hopefully the first link above is of some interest anyway :P
dance your cares away, worries for another day
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

Personally i heard about the remixes after having a brief conversation (email) with one member of Salt Tank. I have an idea they hosted mp3s of them in those days as well. Anyway i have no idea why it wasnt released etc so i asked someone who would know.

It was probably was official as they were on the same label but its something that Orbital never knew about but they did find out about it after. Other thing to note...Paul has never heard the remix!
Dog
Detached

Post by Dog »

Well, decent quality copies of the mixes would be nice, if possible ;) Answers on a 'postcard' to the usual address...
"Gimme the sight to see
another world outside that's full of
all the broken things that I made"
hippy dave
Meltdown

Post by hippy dave »

um if anyone else would like a link that might be of relevance to the guitar mix, drop me a pm and i'll yousend it over. 8)
dance your cares away, worries for another day
shadyboy
Oolaa

Post by shadyboy »

The remixes cropped up on SLSK yonks ago - seem to recall I downloaded one of them (can't remember which one) and thinking it was pretty shitty.

Don't think you're missing out on much here....
Love is wise, hatred is foolish.....
dazedemon

Re: Lush - Salt Tank remixes

Post by dazedemon »

They are available to listen to as clickable RA files here

http://www.salttank.co.uk/remixes.html

I think the're ace imo

daze :)