Glasto Tickets

The Music Discussion forum has replaced the old Lyrics and Samples forum and the Live Scene and Music Reviews forum. This forum is used to discuss anything relating to Music including Orbital topics, the live scene including Orbital gigs past, present and future. This section is an ideal place to post your live gigs reviews and album / single reviews. This forum can also be used to discuss Orbital lyrics and samples. The website will never disclose or confirm samples for legal reasons - so this is the next best thing.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

stargurl
Geography group B
antispam: No
Question: Orbital
Anti Spam: Orbital

Post by stargurl »

I4, I5, close enough ;) We were past the pylons anyway, right? http://www.sullen.org/gallery/glastonbury/aat

Oh hey is it too early for me to throw my hat into the 'looking for a seat in a car headed to Glasto' ring? I'm willing to travel to anywhere accessible by public transport to meet up. Being a foreigner, I'll have to go to Shepton Mallet again to pick up my ticket, which isn't terribly convenient if you're trying to get to the festival by coach or by train.
TheEmbryo
Novice

Post by TheEmbryo »

Well, I'm *thinking* of hiring a car (though I don't like driving much). Good place to stash beer etc. - or just a pain in the backside? How's the public transport?
memly
Meltdown

Post by memly »

I got a train to Glasto from Waterloo on the Saturday last year. It was great!
I had blue hair so I got loads of attention :lol:
Mind you some of it was unwanted! Was still blitzed from the Orbital sesh the night before.
Once into Shepton Mallet, there were loads of coaches laid on that took us to pedestrian gate A.

As far as I am aware, there were loads of trains scheduled for Shepton mallet that weekend.

No idea about coaches though!
stargurl
Geography group B

Post by stargurl »

Were there services direct into Shepton Mallet? I seem to remember trying to figure it all out and getting confused.

Last year I ended up getting a coach to Oxford from London then a ride from there with Stimpee's crew.
davemacfrombath
The Moebius

Post by davemacfrombath »

Aimee - Bath is less than one hour's drive from Pilton. I'm sure Ms Macfrombath won't mind you coming with us if you want. We should have at least one space in the car, maybe 2.

We went on Wednesday last year, but the early start, coupled with the foregoing of the usual 'chillout Sunday' meant that we were all absolutely shagged out by Monday AM.

Which means, I think we'll go on Thursday this year.

I think I said in an earlier thread that anyone travelling a distance who wants to stop over in Bath on the way is welcome. Even nutters are OK, as long as you're not dangerous...

Embryo - you probably already know this, but, if you're taking beer in, remember that you might be queueing for up to an hour to get in and you're going to have to walk a distance to find a decent spot to pitch (further than you think!) so bear in that in mind when you're planning what to bring.
Slugs! HE created slugs! They can't hear. They can't speak. They can't operate machinery. Are we not in the hands of a lunatic?
stargurl
Geography group B

Post by stargurl »

davemacfrombath wrote:Edit: That's B14 on The Official Most Popular Person in this Thread's map.
Hahaha, hardly!

I'm just good at finding things online, and I like planning trips...
kazeo
Novice

Post by kazeo »

woo-hoo! confirmed! well, my ticket was confirmed on sunday actually, but i've only got round to posting about it. this is actually the first big festival i'll have been to since dancevalley 2001, which is kinda scary. in a good way though.

it looks like my group consists of two others at the mo' ahnd i have no idea of how i'm getting there or what i'm taking or what day i'm going on or anything at all. so i'm quite useless really. although, if i'm driving from mid-wales i'll be more than happy to give people a lift (if they are on my route, that is).

i still can't believe i'm actually going to glastonbury for a change!
Kagey
Geography group B

Post by Kagey »

this is actually the first big festival i'll have been to since dancevalley 2001, which is kinda scary
so we sharing a tent this time then lol !!!!
http://www.clockworkdisco.com

"Let's face it, "digital sound" is a misnomer...

Unless you plug the wires directly into your skull, at the end of the chain is a set of speakers pumping back-and-forth turning ANY signal into analogue waves..."
kazeo
Novice

Post by kazeo »

*snort*

that's a very gracious offer kelv, but i might take my own this time around ;)

i am also going to be avoiding public transport like the plauge................
Monkey Chop

Ticket Arseup!

Post by Monkey Chop »

Bollocks! Those spanners at Aloud/Seetickets have cocked up 2 of my mates orders. They got confirmation then sent cancellation emails round saying they couldnt get the money from their accounts.

I have heard this has happened to others and they have managed to sort it out so I am still hopeful.

BTW, hello everyone, guess this is my first post here (been a lurker for a while!). The "dance village" at Glastonbury actually sounds class this year - it's apparently where the old (!) New Bands tent was and comprises of (taken from eFestivals):

the G Stage (the outdoor one that used to be in the glade)
a 'live & djs' main dance tent
a 2nd dance tent
the Pussy Parlure
the Lounge Bar
and possibly another small tent ot two

I have also heard rumours of a Mr Hartnoll DJing - can anyone substantiate this? Fingers crossed...
trompurple
HOAX

Post by trompurple »

from Glasto website...

*News Flash*
Early Release of Line-Up

On Monday 11th of April at 7am the Festival will be releasing the list of confirmed performers for the main stages at Glastonbury 2005. You will get your first look at who is playing here on the official Festival website.

You've got your tickets and so now it's nearly time to stop guessing and see who's playing. See you on Monday!
Mashed Potatoes? Why do hate mashed potatoes? (It's a hoax, I don't really hate them)