Dr What?

The General Discussion forum has been setup to enable any kind of non-music discussions between the visitors of the website.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

Orbyss
Question: Orbital

Post by Orbyss »

I am taking my sweet time watching them but I just saw the first one and I thought it was very, very good. I was expecting a lot worse but I was not at all disappointed. I thought it was updated well, not too cheesy, or just cheesy enough, and well-paced if a little too fast. And it didn't seem to suffer from that American TV drama. :)

On to two and I have to download three. Why can't they just air it here? :(
memly
Meltdown
antispam: No
Anti Spam: Orbital

Post by memly »

Emmet wrote:it turns out that the BBC have issued an apology, they completely made up the 'tired after filming' and 'feared being typecast' quotes attributed to Mr Ecclescake.
Err I'm confused, is he or isnt he?
Been casually wandering around parts of the information superhighway and not really found any hard evidence as to whether he is returning or not.
davemacfrombath
The Moebius

Post by davemacfrombath »

Hi Memley - he's definitely going and being replaced by the bloke who's just been on telly as Cassanova, which is a shame because I reckon the Doctor HAS to be middle-aged or older - younger Doctors don't have the necessary gravitas IMO. Or maybe I'm just too fucking old??
Slugs! HE created slugs! They can't hear. They can't speak. They can't operate machinery. Are we not in the hands of a lunatic?
Orbyss

Post by Orbyss »

younger Doctors don't have the necessary gravitas IMO. Or maybe I'm just too fucking old??
I'd have to agree with you and I'm not very old. It doesn't seem like he [Tennant] is cut out for the part because he looks too young. Did they only get him because he's cheap and doing/done a popular series?
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

He has his work cut out after Ecclestons performance.

I was driving home last night thinking about watching Saturdays episode and also thinking how we havent had a cliffhanger episode! So it was a nice suprise to watch it last night and actually get a cliffhanger !

also is it me or is this Dr crap at setting time coordinates!!! :)
memly
Meltdown

Post by memly »

Loopz wrote:
also is it me or is this Dr crap at setting time coordinates!!! :)
I think he needs to get his hand on a larger mallet!
I watched Dr Who Confidential on BBC 3 and it was quite an insight, as I know very little about the series and it made a lot of things clear to me, I didnt realise that the TARDIS was originally meant for a gaggle/flock/pride of timelords to control, and this is the reason the doctor runs around like a headless chicken....
Mind you, this is probably common knowledge for a lot of you.

Not really crucial to the concept of Dr Who but none the less I like finding out about the little intricacies
Nichevo
Novice

Post by Nichevo »

Peter Davidson's Doctor spent a whole series completely failing to return Tegan to Heathrow Airport in the right year. Anyway, the TARDIS has always been a tad tempremental about going where it's supposed to go.

And have you ever seen Eccleston grin so much?

So far, I'm really enjoying this series of Dr. Who. Will David Tennant be able to pull it off? He certainly has a boyish quality but I think he can do it. I trust Russell T's judgement.
That escalated quickly.
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

Nichevo wrote:Peter Davidson's Doctor spent a whole series completely failing to return Tegan to Heathrow Airport in the right year.
Peter Davidson should have stayed in the veterinary trade :)
usernick
Detached

Post by usernick »

On a music related note, this sounds good!:

DOCTOR ROCK!

’DR WHO AT THE RADIOPHONIC WORKSHOP VOLUME 1 & 2’ is set to be released on June 13.

Available in two volumes, the albums will include the music, effects and atmospheres from the heyday of the television series.

Volume 1 charts the period 1963-69, when the Doctor was played by William Hartnell and Patrick Troughton.

Volume 2 will cover the 1970s, celebrating the introduction of colour to the series and the two Doctors from this period, Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker.

The CD will then carry on through to 1980.

The BBC Radiophonic Workshop created the pioneering techniques used on many television programmes.

Sleevenotes will reveal the secrets of the Tardis taking off, as well as the history of the opening sequences.
Dollydagger
Open Mind

Tomorrows one

Post by Dollydagger »

The Dalek's are back!!!!!
*hides behind the sofa*
I don't use Myspace anymore, you'll find me on Facebook ;-b
davemacfrombath
The Moebius

Post by davemacfrombath »

They had a copy of the Sun in my local yesterday *subtext - I don't buy it myself* and in it was an item about a Dalek minibar. And it looked fantastic. I want one.

BTW I heard that the new Daleks can fly

BTW2 - has anyone seen the Eddie Izzard vid with the Dalek bit in - hilarious - 'death or plumbing?'
Slugs! HE created slugs! They can't hear. They can't speak. They can't operate machinery. Are we not in the hands of a lunatic?
Bolly
LC1

Post by Bolly »

Tonights Dalek episode was, as the Doctor says: FANTASTIC!!!
Tyler

Post by Tyler »

davemacfrombath wrote:BTW I heard that the new Daleks can fly'
They always could, the rumours of them being unable to climb stairs were greatly exaggerated. :wink:

The pic in my avatar is a clip from Remembrance of the Daleks in the 80s, with a Dalek hovering up the stairs...
"One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in your beliefs, and prove to me I am not mistaken in mine."
And they DID come back. Ha!
Dog
Detached

Post by Dog »

I wonder if the BBC will give me my 45 minutes back? That was shite!
"Gimme the sight to see
another world outside that's full of
all the broken things that I made"
Orbyss

Post by Orbyss »

I wonder if the BBC will give me my 45 minutes back? That was shite!
I thought you'd come to the conclusion the show was shite, anyway? Why waste another 45 minutes? Daleks can't be worth it unless you're some die-hard fan.

Personally I can't wait to see floating Daleks, because... well, Daleks.