Dr What?

The General Discussion forum has been setup to enable any kind of non-music discussions between the visitors of the website.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

Acid Gaz
Sinner
Question: Orbital

Post by Acid Gaz »

davemacfrombath wrote:
Acid Gaz wrote:
davemacfrombath wrote:Eccleston is a class act(or). You should check out Shallow Grave and Jude - both great films. Harder to find are his TV stuff - he was great in Cracker and The Second Coming.
I saw him in a really old (must have been early 70s) play where he played a Man Citeh fan (idolised Denis Law) with a Man United wife. The wife was aboot to give birth on the day of a Citeh match and it was all very hilarious.

Eddie Large was in it as well (seriously).
there's always one...
Pot = Kettle
Bolly
LC1

Post by Bolly »

In last nights episode the Doctor said "You lot" twice. :lol:
memly
Meltdown
antispam: No
Anti Spam: Orbital

Post by memly »

I counted 3 Bolly :wink:
Bolly
LC1

Post by Bolly »

I read on the BBC website that Christopher Eccleston is in the 13 episodes and a Christmas special..........maybe that's when he regenerates!
hippy dave
Meltdown

Post by hippy dave »

yeah apparently it is... and he's not doing another series 'cos he doesn't want to get typecast? :?
dance your cares away, worries for another day
Bolly
LC1

Post by Bolly »

I'm not being funny, i think he's a great guy and his Doctor is great. But didn't think about being typecast before taking on such a big role?!
Emmet
Saint

Post by Emmet »

it turns out that the BBC have issued an apology, they completely made up the 'tired after filming' and 'feared being typecast' quotes attributed to Mr Ecclescake.

If anyone taped episode 2, the cgi spiders 'bump' into the camera and cause it to shake....very clever :wink:

the series looks like its going to get a lot darker as it progresses, lets hope we get a bit more character development with the two parters too.
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

Yes i noticed the camera shake as well. i thought episode 2 was just as fantastic as episode 1. Really enjoying this series :)
davemacfrombath
The Moebius

Post by davemacfrombath »

'Talk to The Face'
Slugs! HE created slugs! They can't hear. They can't speak. They can't operate machinery. Are we not in the hands of a lunatic?
maus

Post by maus »

i've managed to DL eps 1 and 2 from the series so far, and i really enjoy it! halfway through episode 2 now... just something about it is great... the vibe - has that old doctor feel but with a new twist, i guess.

eccleston is great, i feel. shame about leaving, but if there's truly 13 episodes, no harm done there!

cheers,
c
Bolly
LC1

Post by Bolly »

Another great episode tonight.Episode four has an alien ship crashing into big ben - now this one looks really good!!!
Emmet
Saint

Post by Emmet »

last nights truly was the best so far. Mark Gatiss I salute you!
davemacfrombath
The Moebius

Post by davemacfrombath »

I missed the first half of episode 3, but is it true that Charles Dickens asked 'What the Shakespeare's going on?'?
Slugs! HE created slugs! They can't hear. They can't speak. They can't operate machinery. Are we not in the hands of a lunatic?
Emmet
Saint

Post by Emmet »

davemacfrombath wrote:I missed the first half of episode 3, but is it true that Charles Dickens asked 'What the Shakespeare's going on?'?
Yus. :D I dont want to give the game away for this Saturdays episode, but from what I've read there should be double the monster fun!
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

only just watched episode 3 (i had to download it even though i cud ave recorded it twice!). Another great one! looking foward to next weeks :)