What's The Last Film You Watched?

The General Discussion forum has been setup to enable any kind of non-music discussions between the visitors of the website.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

stargurl
Geography group B
antispam: No
Question: Orbital
Anti Spam: Orbital

Post by stargurl »

I saw Cinderella Man last night and I liked it.

They filmed in Toronto, and I remember going down Queen St E to visit a friend and they'd put false fronts on all the stores. The vendors had all put signs out saying things like "yes we're open" but when the stores are all made up to look like different things - how are you supposed to tell what's what?
memly
Meltdown

Post by memly »

Well I watched "School of Rock" and "Ronin" yesterday. Enjoyed both. Good laffs and car chases.
I don't know you people...why are you here?
MEMS MUZAK
Hexaphim
LC1

Post by Hexaphim »

I had an Evil Dead marathon with some friends on Sunday. We watched Evil Dead 1, Evil Dead 2: Dead by Dawn and Army of Darkness. And we topped it off with Anchorman.

Four of my favorite movies of all time, back to back. Bliss. :)
The Hex

Some people don't get the Transformers. It's simple. They're big robots. And they change into things. And they fight. This is beautiful and mad. If you do not get this, there is something missing in your soul. - Paul O'Brien
custard99
Omen
Location: planet hottie near the equator makes this duckie's tail all warped & bothered!

Post by custard99 »

Its really sad... none of me mates wanna watch ep III or madagascar and cos of me crazy work schedule, some of them who wanted to, have seen it. So no one wants to go with me. Is going to the movies alone pathetic? i've seen a movie with my shihtzu once and a few films by myself but it doesn't feel nice cos when i turn around to share a funny, no one's there. WHat do u think?

Going to watch madagascar today with mr popcorn and iced tea :D
Quack! Dip, sip & Go!! Or, just do the kitty shake.

hippy dave
Meltdown

Post by hippy dave »

custard, i went straight from work to see hitchhiker's guide on my own the other week. partly 'cos my only mates who still wanted to see it were constantly busy & i was getting paranoid about missing it, and partly 'cos i'd been sitting at work all afternoon craving nachos :lol:
dance your cares away, worries for another day
Willsy
The Moebius

Post by Willsy »

Van Wilder - Party Laison.......hilarious american college antics!

hopefully seeing Sin City tonight! 8)
"You know, just simple lines intertwining, you know, very much like - I'm really influenced by Mozart and Bach, and it's sort of in between those, really. It's like a Mach piece, really"
Nigel Tufnel talking about his song "Lick My Love Pump" - This Is Spinal Tap.

http://www.myspace.com/willsydesignuk
custard99
Omen
Location: planet hottie near the equator makes this duckie's tail all warped & bothered!

Post by custard99 »

Haaha.. im craving popcorn all week ...

i like to watch a movie the minute it's released ... wait more than a week, i feel restless and left behind hahaaaa

Hope the nachos was gooood!!
hippy dave wrote:custard, i went straight from work to see hitchhiker's guide on my own the other week. partly 'cos my only mates who still wanted to see it were constantly busy & i was getting paranoid about missing it, and partly 'cos i'd been sitting at work all afternoon craving nachos :lol:

Funky Dung
Adnan

Post by Funky Dung »

Hexaphim wrote:Army of Darkness.
Director's Cut, I hope… That trilogy's infinitely better when it ends with Ash screaming "I slept too loooonnngg! Nooooooooooo!!" with a big beard. :lol:

Funky Dung
"People say that alcohol's a drug. It's not a drug, it's a drink."
Hexaphim
LC1

Post by Hexaphim »

Funky Dung wrote:
Hexaphim wrote:Army of Darkness.
Director's Cut, I hope… That trilogy's infinitely better when it ends with Ash screaming "I slept too loooonnngg! Nooooooooooo!!" with a big beard. :lol:

Funky Dung
I like both endings, actually, but yes, we watched the director's cut.

However, "Good, bad... I'm the guy with the gun" is an infinitely better line than "I'm not THAT good." ;)

When you watch the three movies back to back, it's funny to see the development that Ash has from sweet, innocent teenager to bad-assed deadite-slayer... over the course of three days or so. :)

Also, apparently, he learns enough about polearms to be able to teach the natives how to fight efficiently with pikes. :D
The Hex

Some people don't get the Transformers. It's simple. They're big robots. And they change into things. And they fight. This is beautiful and mad. If you do not get this, there is something missing in your soul. - Paul O'Brien
Dollydagger
Open Mind

Post by Dollydagger »

custard99 wrote:Is going to the movies alone pathetic? i've seen a movie with my shihtzu once and a few films by myself but it doesn't feel nice cos when i turn around to share a funny, no one's there. What do u think?
The first film I saw by myself was 'Closer', quite recently, a similar situation to Dave and Hitchikers; I really wanted to see it, no-one was available and I was worried it would be gone soon.
Felt a bit weird going in but there were other solo viewers too and I got totally immersed in the film and ended up being really pleased that I went! Would definitely do it again.
I don't use Myspace anymore, you'll find me on Facebook ;-b
custard99
Omen

Post by custard99 »

i went with mr popcorn n my iced tea and felt awfully excited about the movie...

been wanting to watch it before it was even released n a bit pissed at my cousin [we usu do movies 2gether] who reckoned 'madagascar' is too kiddy for him. All me other mates are either too busy, not interested, have bfs and hubbies to go with or have seen it. sigh... and im one of those eager beavers who must watch it once its open, wait past a week n i get grumpy, edgy and soon lose enthusiasm n i'll be a bitch to everyone lol

well im glad this time i went n had a great time :)

Karnorjax
Oolaa

Post by Karnorjax »

Leauge of Gents Appocolypse !

Amazingly strange and weird which I expected !!!!

and damn funny... plus a pretty deranged but clever story !
Is there anyone there ??????? IS THERE ANYONE THERE !!!!!
stargurl
Geography group B

Post by stargurl »

I saw Lords of Dogtown last night, it was alright.

The theatre was nearly empty (maybe 15 of us) and blissfully cool.

I might just have to see another movie this weekend, just for the air conditioning! (Currently 30 degrees, 39 with humidex).
Dog
Detached

Post by Dog »

Last thing I watched?

'Moog - A Documantary by Hans Fjellestad'
"Gimme the sight to see
another world outside that's full of
all the broken things that I made"
Hexaphim
LC1

Post by Hexaphim »

Dog wrote:Last thing I watched?

'Moog - A Documantary by Hans Fjellestad'
Hans Fjellestad, that sounds Norwegian... is he?
The Hex