Aston Villa

The Questions for the Webmaster forum is used to ask and submit FAQ's and general questions regarding the website and Orbital. Not all questions can be answered but in general a reply will be given within one week. No Polls are allowed in this forum

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

Loopz
Site Admin
Question: Orbital

Re: Aston Villa

Post by Loopz »

Probably one of the greatest seasons i've personally known. Exciting fast attacking football makes them great to watch as well. It's good to be a Villa fan :) I love the way the pundits on MOTD are changing their views each week from "Top 5? They are looking good at the moment but i dont think so..." to "They should come 3rd at this rate...". pah! :p
madlittleme
Novice

Post by madlittleme »

Well today's performance was not the Villa that I have enjoyed watching this season have to say!!!! Very frustrating game... :x
life is too good to waste it - so don't :)!!!
tezleyflahflah
Saint

Post by tezleyflahflah »

Any thoughts on one of your better players signing for the mighty Manchester City!?
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

haha. i was waiting for this :)

First, i was very happy he never went to Liverpool. I think Benitez thinks he can have who he wants and probably totally expected Barry to sign for him. It's a :Finger to him :)
I'm quite happy Villa got that much for him as well and i dont mind Man City at all. They are going to do what Chelsea have done and bye lots of class players. I think this is going tobe one of many good signings. So generally, i'm not too bothered about all this. I didnt expect Barry to be at Villa next season, so overall it's turned out quite nice. Saying that, we have to buy 5 GOOD players at close season or we will just burn out again.

Mr Price, Sky Sports, Birmingham :)
usernick
Detached
antispam: No
Anti Spam: Orbital

Post by usernick »

Loopz wrote:First, i was very happy he never went to Liverpool. I think Benitez thinks he can have who he wants and probably totally expected Barry to sign for him. It's a :Finger to him :)
Aren't you thinking about Alex Ferguson? :P

8)
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

no,no...no. The difference between fergie and bennie is that fergie CAN have what he wants and bennie THINKS he can. Also as much as i detest man utd, i know that Fergie is a top class manager. Again Bennie...isnt. The sooner scousers (and in your case, pretend scousers....) accept that, the better ;)

*waits for the flack!*
davemacfrombath
The Moebius

Post by davemacfrombath »

So... who to replace NUFC as the premiership's laughing stocks for next season?

No contest - Benitez passed the audition around Xmas time as I recall....
Slugs! HE created slugs! They can't hear. They can't speak. They can't operate machinery. Are we not in the hands of a lunatic?
chime
Saint

Post by chime »

I'm going to the bookies to see what odds on Real Madrid and Man Ure to win nothing next season...
On a personal note, being a Liverpool fan, I'm really looking forward to next season and just hope we can avoid those silly results that cost us the league this season. The new signing of Glen Johnson from Portsmouth is a great capture, even though the price we paid was a little high, but if you want the best you have to pay the price.
Even though Newcastle have dropped to the Championship, they are still going to get the piss taken out of them at away games!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... -21465573/

Apparently the home fans are going spare over this and the Sunderland fans have already christened them the Toongerines! - lol

:-)
tezleyflahflah
Saint

Post by tezleyflahflah »

How much enjoyment is there to be had in being a Villa fan at the moment? It's quite distressing to see Richard Dunne playing so well after selling him to your lot!
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

ahhhh i love this thread :)

yes, good times once more here in the Midlands. Well...apart from the fact that all the blue noses have nose bleeds! they havent been so high in the Premiership before! ;)

But great result against the scum...i mean Man U, another good solid away win at Sunderland and if anyone deserves to be playing in S.Africa next year then it has to be Milner! What an excellent season he is having (my other arf cut his missus hair the other day...she couldnt understand why i was so excited ;) ). Be good to see where we are on the first week of 2010. After all the xmas break is going to be tuff.

p.s. Mr Dunne has been a rock for us and i have to mention how improved Cuellar is as well. There is talk of him getting in the Spanish side for the first time.

p.p.s. say hello to Barry for me ;)
davemacfrombath
The Moebius

Post by davemacfrombath »

davemacfrombath wrote:So... who to replace NUFC as the premiership's laughing stocks for next season?

No contest - Benitez passed the audition around Xmas time as I recall....
I love it when a plan comes together...

Their season has been 'perfect'.

mwahahahahahahaha....
Slugs! HE created slugs! They can't hear. They can't speak. They can't operate machinery. Are we not in the hands of a lunatic?
tezleyflahflah
Saint

Post by tezleyflahflah »

Congrats on getting to the Carling Cup Final after an amazing 2nd leg.
The final is on February 28th so looks like it'll be a rather exciting weekend!
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

lets hope the RIGHT Manchester team gets there :) I cant do the final though cus i will be driving up to Manchester on the Sunday ready to fly out the day after. Looking forward to it though. :)

p.s. what a fantastic match :)
tezleyflahflah
Saint

Post by tezleyflahflah »

What happened yesterday!?
tezleyflahflah
Saint

Post by tezleyflahflah »

How are you feeling about the season ahead? Who do you fancy as your new manager?
You may have lost Milner today but be happy that in Stephen Ireland you've picked up a quality player, he'll do a great job at Villa.