Depeche Mode 2009

The Music Discussion forum has replaced the old Lyrics and Samples forum and the Live Scene and Music Reviews forum. This forum is used to discuss anything relating to Music including Orbital topics, the live scene including Orbital gigs past, present and future. This section is an ideal place to post your live gigs reviews and album / single reviews. This forum can also be used to discuss Orbital lyrics and samples. The website will never disclose or confirm samples for legal reasons - so this is the next best thing.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

Loopz
Site Admin
Question: Orbital

Depeche Mode 2009

Post by Loopz »

I loved the last depeche mode album! and i mean LOVED!

I'm curious to know where we will be heading with the next release. So far i've heard a demo of "Hole to Feed" (really like - very electronic with low hertz sounding beats) and a demo of "Come Back" (very slow track which didnt set me on fire initially but i think it will grow).

Also heard "The sun and the moon and the stars (electronic periodic's microdrum mix)" with Gore taking up the vocals. Most Depeche Mode fans seem to hate the sounds but it's quite a different approach for DM. Love the sounds they use on this as well.

"Fragile Tension" - again loving this as well!

anyone heard anymore?

p.s.I'm gutted they aint coming north of London in England! Thought they may bolt on a few more English dates at the end but it's looking unlikely.
Loopz
Site Admin

Re: Depeche Mode 2009

Post by Loopz »

Just found a studio session of "Come Back" online and it's totally different to the demo.

Check it!

video
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

It appears that Uk dates will be announced very soon

13th Dec - Brum
16th Dec - Manchester
madlittleme
Novice

Post by madlittleme »

OMFG - well keep us informed then when links go up for tickets if you can remember who i am... i might just go for both... :)
life is too good to waste it - so don't :)!!!
tezleyflahflah
Saint

Post by tezleyflahflah »

Tickets for both nights are now in the bag. They play Manchester on the 18th Dec not the 16th.
davemacfrombath
The Moebius

Post by davemacfrombath »

Loopz wrote:Just found a studio session of "Come Back" online and it's totally different to the demo.

Check it!

video
The one with the specs looks like he should be raeding the news. In 1974.
Slugs! HE created slugs! They can't hear. They can't speak. They can't operate machinery. Are we not in the hands of a lunatic?
chime
Saint

Post by chime »

Loving that studio version of Come Back!
Is it only me that thinks Fletch does f**k all in the band apart from standing behind his Moog and looking miserable?
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

LOL @ Dave :) The ultimate geek!

i thought he was more a manager of the band now. You can see what Gore and Gahan for Depeche Mode but yep, Fletch...what purpose does he have? They should highlight it because he could be getting a lot of stick for no reason.
thehitcher
Novice

Post by thehitcher »

uses midi controllers now(and a virus Ti),and he does alot of the programming for sound effects.
Hope Dave G get better soon
memly
Meltdown
antispam: No
Anti Spam: Orbital

Post by memly »

I saw the video for "wrong" over the weekend... best music video I have seen in ages. I initially thought it was a Chris Cunningham video as the subject matter and the way it is shot is very Cunninghamesque.

Anyway I recommend it!
I don't know you people...why are you here?
MEMS MUZAK