Guess Orbitals setlist for the big chill here.

The General Discussion forum has been setup to enable any kind of non-music discussions between the visitors of the website.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

memly
Meltdown
antispam: No
Question: Orbital
Anti Spam: Orbital

Re: Guess Orbitals setlist for the big chill here.

Post by memly »

I suppose thats one of the things that does niggle me... the last tour was definately a 'Best of' deal. Ok there were 2 songs brought in from the Blue Album (I thought You Lot sounded great), but ultimately it centred on the majority of the better known tunes. Which was expected and welcomed, but these forthcoming dates are not in support of any new material (although I still think a timely nod to what both Paul and Phil are doing at the minute would be class!) so there is no focus, apart from the obvious one of it being a Celebration of Chime.
I expect to hear what I heard 5 years ago (more or less), which still excites me.

Because of its lack of direction in regard to supporting a new album launch etc, I think they should compensate with updated versions...plus I've heard the Maida Vale gig so many times now I could almost say I'm sick of it...!! Note: I said "almost".

I'm going to stop now as even I realize I 'm starting to sound like a skipping record.
I don't know you people...why are you here?
MEMS MUZAK
memly
Meltdown

Post by memly »

davemacfrombath wrote: They've always had long gaps in their set I think... could be wrong. Last time I saw trhem was a Brixton a couple of years ago. I used to really enjoy their live sets but now they all seem the same - even when they play new stuff. Weird.
Kids nowadays huh Dave! Bloody music all sounds the same, bleep bleep this, wasnt like that in my day I can tell ya...
I don't know you people...why are you here?
MEMS MUZAK
Timbob
Monsters Exist!

Post by Timbob »

memly wrote:
user name wrote:
Timbob wrote:I wouldn't say they should do a song / stop / song / stop routine. But i really don't mind a song / song / stop / song / song / song/ etc. format.
hear hear! thats the ticket :applause
*takes a bow*
Why thank you...

...not entirely what I said but I will however take the praise and bask in the glory of being agreed with, while Timbob will just have to watch in horror as I muscle in.
Damnations!

This will not stand! Finally i said something people agree with and you bask in MY glory!
Sir, i challenge you to a duel! *slaps memly with a white glove*
It's 106 miles to Chicago.
We got a full tank of gas,
half a pack of cigarettes.
It's dark and we are wearing sunglasses
shadyboy
Oolaa

Post by shadyboy »

Wee bit in the Metro paper today about them reforming - Paul mentioned that there is no new material, but there could be new bridges written for linkng tracks and also there will be a song in the set that has never been performed live before..
Love is wise, hatred is foolish.....
usernick
Detached

Post by usernick »

shadyboy wrote:Wee bit in the Metro paper today about them reforming - Paul mentioned that there is no new material, but there could be new bridges written for linkng tracks and also there will be a song in the set that has never been performed live before..
Oooh, nice one! :applause

8)
Shrineboy
Saint

Post by Shrineboy »

High Rise would be nice.
shadyboy
Oolaa

Post by shadyboy »

Found the article..

It's time to rave on again. When Orbital disbanded in 2004, it marked the end of an era; the Hartnoll brothers were famed for anthem-packed, visually dazzling live dates.

Happily, they've had a change of heart - as Paul Hartnoll admits, they've missed entertaining 'a mad cross-section of dance and indie fans' and have announced festival sets including RockNess, Global Gathering and The Big Chill, plus September shows at Manchester and Brixton Academy.

'We've got no new material - this happened out of the blue,' says Paul. 'But we often create new "bridges" between tracks when we play. We'll be stripping tunes back to classic versions. And there'll be at least one track that we've never played live...'

Nicey nicey - but why no dates in Glasgow or Edinburgh boys?????!!! :tut
Love is wise, hatred is foolish.....
Badger
Doctor Look Out

Post by Badger »

Oooh. A track that's never been played live before??? Intriguing. Get your guesses in now.

Good to hear there's gonna be some bridging links between tracks. I did a whole beautiful speech about why they were essential and the computer decided to reboot just before i'd finished the last sentence!

The stripping the tunes back to the classic versions sounds a bit like the final gigs though. Part of the fun of Orbital Live is also the extra elements/melodies they put into tunes we know. Plus they need to do do something different with Chime. As i've already shouted about before they should have Chime playing and then mutate into Chime Crime or something like that, a whole new spin to the end.

Let's hope they do mess around with some of the tunes and throw us a few surprises.

:)
https://www.facebook.com/matt.christie.777

"Even a stopped cloak gives the right jacket twice a day"
hippy dave
Meltdown

Post by hippy dave »

sweet.
so who's feeling bored/geeky enough to draw up a complete list of tracks that have never been played live before? :D
dance your cares away, worries for another day
mintsauce

Post by mintsauce »

Oooh. A track that's never been played live before??? Intriguing. Get your guesses in now.
Monorail? I don't believe that's been played live before. I'm probably its biggest fan so I'd be thrilled if they played it!

I think the usual setlist will probably apply, i.e.

Remind
The Girl With The Sun In Her Head
Belfast
Satan
Halcyon
You lot
One Perfect Sunrise
Impact
Dr who
Chime

I would also love to hear Are We Here, Lush 3, Midnight, and/or Out There Somewhere.
Dollydagger
Open Mind

Post by Dollydagger »

Mintsauce! Are you the same Mintsauce fom the old forum days? Didn't you go off travelling to Australia or something...?
I don't use Myspace anymore, you'll find me on Facebook ;-b
Badger
Doctor Look Out

Post by Badger »

TRACKS NOT PLAYED LIVE:

The Moebius
Desert Storm
Steel Cube Idolatry
High Rise
Midnight
I Wish I Had Duck Feet
Science Friction
Philosophy By Numbers
Quality Seconds
Adnans
Pay Per View
Shadows
Waving Not Drowning
Transient
Pants
Tunnel Vision
Lost
Bath Time
Acid Pants
Easy Serv
Deeper
Omen (?)
L.C.1
Analogue Test Feb 90
Semi-Detached
The Sinner
Mock Tudor
Beached
Doctor Look Out
Beezlebeat
Monorail
Initiation
What Happens Next?
Equinox
Ska'd For Life

That's a rough list. If anyone knows that any of these actually have been played then let me know and we can cross them off the list.

:nerd :nerd :nerd :nerd
https://www.facebook.com/matt.christie.777

"Even a stopped cloak gives the right jacket twice a day"
mintsauce

Post by mintsauce »

Mintsauce! Are you the same Mintsauce fom the old forum days? Didn't you go off travelling to Australia or something...?
Yup, that's me! I remember you very kindly let me crash at your place after Brixton once, great times. You're right, everyone's coming out of the woodwork!

I did go travelling a couple of times. Not to Australia sadly, but I did go to Canada and Japan. :D
L.C.1
How awesome would it be to hear LC1 live? Quite awesome I think.
legspin
Open Mind

Post by legspin »

I would have thought that a few more from the first album would have been played live. I remember seeing a comment here that Midnight had been ?!?
Be Pure, Be Vigilant, BEHAVE.
user name
Saint

Post by user name »

lc 1 used to be played live early on , heard it in the warehouse in leeds around 1990/1 with sasha djing !