New Autechre album, "Quaristice" - 3rd March 2008

Information on Artist tours, music nights and CD/Record releases. Members can submit details and a monthly thread will be updated.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin

Kansler
Sinner

Re: New Autechre album, "Quaristice" - 3rd March 2008

Post by Kansler »

so how is it, steve, did you listen to it yet? :D

I'm waiting for my physical, old school Compact Disc (I'm assuming you got a digital download, unless you were lucky enough to receive a promo), so I have a whole month to manage before getting my hands down and dirty with the Manchester boys - wait, that came out wrong... CD, CD, I mean! As I'm waiting, I'm sort of disgruntled that the Ltd Ed. was sold out so fast, what a shame!

also, greetings to the board, i almost feel like a casual visitor at this point since it's been a WHILE since I frequented these domains, but glad to see we're still up and running, yea :wink:
It's a piece of cake to bake a pretty cake
Vadertech
Novice
antispam: No
Question: Orbital
Anti Spam: Orbital

Post by Vadertech »

I decided I'm gonna try to get one of those limited edition ones off ebay if I see one go up. I must have the steel casing!

Oh, and the album is great. Kinda feels a bit like ep7 to me. Haven't heard the bonus stuff on disc 2 of the limited edition yet tho. I'm sure I'll get a hold of it in the next few days though.

EDIT: Man , anybody see how much those steel limited editions are going for on ebay? I wish I would have been on in time to get one before they sold out...
Shanky, shanky Jose!
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

Just got back from 2 weeks away to find my limited edition steel box delivered! Not played the extra cd as yet. Still havent had much chance to play the album...
usernick
Detached

Post by usernick »

Vadertech wrote:I decided I'm gonna try to get one of those limited edition ones off ebay if I see one go up. I must have the steel casing!

Oh, and the album is great. Kinda feels a bit like ep7 to me. Haven't heard the bonus stuff on disc 2 of the limited edition yet tho. I'm sure I'll get a hold of it in the next few days though.

EDIT: Man , anybody see how much those steel limited editions are going for on ebay? I wish I would have been on in time to get one before they sold out...
F**k me... I might sell mine! :shock: 8)
Kansler
Sinner

Post by Kansler »

I'll just say I think the album is brilliant - well, near-brilliant anyway - and one of the most purely enjoyable things they've done in many years. I mean I've *loved* their output of recent years, but it seems they've set out to do things very differently here, and I think it's very refreshing. The first disc, the proper album, is where the real meat is (this coming from a vegetarian, mind you) and where all the fine styles are explored, from real melodic pieces and ambient mood-pieces to real rockin' and bangin' monsters - and of course the occasional BLEEP and GLITCH makes its appearance there, too; what do you expect? The second disc contains a number of real important tracks, including extended versions of some of the best tracks on the albums, plus fol4, which is completely strange and unique.

Overall, neat neat neat. And it's not just a "dumbed-down" album either, even though it's basically live jams originally - no, I think it's got the range and depth that you'd expect, plus a certain immediate appeal and variety.
It's a piece of cake to bake a pretty cake
memly
Meltdown

Post by memly »

I tried to get on with this album...it didnt happen. Back to listening to Rick Astley, Sinitta and Travis I guess.

Will give it a few more tries. But its too hard getting the Goldfrapp and Trentemoller CDs out of the player though.
I don't know you people...why are you here?
MEMS MUZAK
rach
Novice

Post by rach »

Love the album - I find it so much more enjoyable than Untilted, and feel that perhaps they've taken a step back (in a good way), which I think is a good move.

As for the gig (London), I was really looking forward to hearing some of the album stuff, and although they started off sounding quite promising and some good bits here and there, I was a bit disappointed overall. They just did lots of long repetitive pieces and as they were only playing for an hour, it was over too soon and I felt I hadn't heard much. But as I say, there were other bits that I did enjoy, so it wasn't a bad gig as such. Rob Hall played a blinding set too (before ae).

Great to see Dan (Trompurple) and Jof - excellent company! :-) I haven't been out to a gig for so long and it felt good to get out there a do it again! :D
is this a piece of your brain?
Vadertech
Novice

Post by Vadertech »

Made the toronto stop again this tour and it was great as expected. Nice deep bass, very danceable and mostly material i couldn't recognize off hand. Not many bootlegs up yet, but i'd recommend grabbing it if you missed the tour stops this time around. The bootleg of the untilted tour still resides in my car CD player very often.
Shanky, shanky Jose!