NYE Plans anybody

The General Discussion forum has been setup to enable any kind of non-music discussions between the visitors of the website.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

chemical_si
Novice
Question: Orbital

NYE Plans anybody

Post by chemical_si »

Usually i like to make the effort to go to London to the club Turnmills and watch the Chemical Brothers but as this isn't happening this year instead I'm going to walk 20 yards up my road onto the small high street of Penryn (cornwall) to a lovely little bar known as Number 20 (the house number) which is invite only. Shall be drinking cheap promotins for the night and wrestling to keep my Walkman on the speaker system.

Other than that not a great deal. Working Christmas night and have already had the shit new girl texting me to see if i'll cover her NYE night.... bollocks to her.

Anybody else got any plans for the (not so) big night
hippy dave
Meltdown

Post by hippy dave »

nothing heeyuwge... going to a select gathering at a mate's house. probably won't really know anyone there apart from that mate, so might be interesting... she's already stocked up on some high-quality goodies to help get everyone in a party mood.
dance your cares away, worries for another day
chime
Saint
Question: Orbital

Post by chime »

Not looking forward to this at all this year......

My Mrs made the fatal mistake of inviting all her relatives round, 2 days before my best mate decided to have a huge bash at his house, and asked me to DJ for him.
I've kicked up a fuss and said I can be there for 12.30am, just as auld lang syne has finished I can kick them out and be there to play.
This didn't go down to well as you can imagine, so I am staying put and will play my own fave music in my own front room, and if they don't like it???.....Bollocks!
BUT I have been booked by my mate for next new years eve - so roll on then!

:-)
tcb2000
Adnan

Post by tcb2000 »

DJing at the local pub. Theme is Hawaiian which means a) lots of surf type Dick Dale music and b) I can wear shorts with my loud shirt which is great cos it gets really hot!

Music will be wildly varied :
7pm - 9pm - 60s and 70s stuff to cater for the older farts
9pm - 1am - more party / modern stuff for the dancers
1am - 3 or 4am - proper dance music for the hardcore!

Oh, and I get free beer all night!

Rich
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator