Colour Digital Camera

The General Discussion forum has been setup to enable any kind of non-music discussions between the visitors of the website.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

Loopz
Site Admin
Question: Orbital

Colour Digital Camera

Post by Loopz »

I have to purchase a new one so any recommendations. Naturally the ability to record some video footage on it as well would be a big bonus. Post what you own and if its worthy :)
usernick
Detached
antispam: No
Anti Spam: Orbital

Post by usernick »

A Canon IXUS 700 - not worthy....

Okay for taking pictures when out and about (and fits into your pocket), but video is rubbish (sound distorted), and taking photos when light is not the best = crap...

I'm all ears as to what others have! 8)
memly
Meltdown
antispam: No
Anti Spam: Orbital

Post by memly »

Canon Powershot A710 IS - Worthy.

I don't know much about taking photos, I just point and snap, but there are loads of options, a nice screen and a good zoom.

Since I bought it in Thailand, I dont really know whether its "value for money" but I have been happy with the quality of the photos.

The video side seems to be good too, compared to my older camera. Again, I have been happy with the footage I have taken.

I don't know you people...why are you here?
MEMS MUZAK
Willsy
The Moebius

Post by Willsy »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Strange looking camera Memly, bet you get some looks when you take pictures with that beast! :P

One of my ex students walked across Iceland last year and took the most amazing pictures with a Canon Ixus 750...infact they were so good he had a book published with them in. As a small compact digital camera he highly recommends it.
"You know, just simple lines intertwining, you know, very much like - I'm really influenced by Mozart and Bach, and it's sort of in between those, really. It's like a Mach piece, really"
Nigel Tufnel talking about his song "Lick My Love Pump" - This Is Spinal Tap.

http://www.myspace.com/willsydesignuk
chime
Saint

Post by chime »

Steve

Being a bit of a Sony lover, I went for the DSCW70 prior to going to New York in April, and wasn't disappointed with it at all.
Not sure that Play sell the model now as it looks to have been superseded by the DSCW80 - link here: -

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electro ... oduct.html

And this is the first place I go to look at any digital camera reviews: -

http://www.steves-digicams.com/

Hope this helps mate

Chime
:-)
hippy dave
Meltdown

Post by hippy dave »

i have a minolta dimage x, which is old, but has been replaced with updated versions which might be worth a look. it's small and really slim - there's no protruding lens, it uses some ingenious ninja stealth technology to fit the lens with full optical zoomy goodness inside the teeny case.
dance your cares away, worries for another day
cheese
Saint

Post by cheese »

Canon Powershot S2 IS - A worthy camera. Records in stereo, has 12 times optical zoom and a load of fancy features on it. Easy to use but isn't the type of camera that you can slip into your pocket.