andy barlow from lamb's new band

The Music Discussion forum has replaced the old Lyrics and Samples forum and the Live Scene and Music Reviews forum. This forum is used to discuss anything relating to Music including Orbital topics, the live scene including Orbital gigs past, present and future. This section is an ideal place to post your live gigs reviews and album / single reviews. This forum can also be used to discuss Orbital lyrics and samples. The website will never disclose or confirm samples for legal reasons - so this is the next best thing.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

hippy dave
Meltdown

andy barlow from lamb's new band

Post by hippy dave »

luna seeds.
....with carrie tree, who is amazing, really stunning singer :D 8)
dance your cares away, worries for another day
Dollydagger
Open Mind
Question: Orbital

Post by Dollydagger »

Hmm what happened to Hoof?!
I don't use Myspace anymore, you'll find me on Facebook ;-b
stoosh
Geography group B

Post by stoosh »

Wow thats quite a pairing. Carrie Tree is a very captivating performer.... Safe bet for Glastonbury me thinks :D
Every tool is a weapon if you hold it right
hippy dave
Meltdown

Post by hippy dave »

yuh carrie tree usually plays in the green fields at glasto, that's where my brother discovered her in '04. and i caught a bit of her set there the next year, but had to leave because i'd been overindulging in some of glasto's other delights :oops:
but in between my bro took me to see her in a funky pub in kingston (not jamaica, sadly), she was fantastic.
Dollydagger
Open Mind

Post by Dollydagger »

you (& ur bro) came to Kingston and you didn't tell us you were down south!!! :shock:

I may well see Andy on Wednesday (@ Lou's Union Chapel gig) so I'll ask him what's happening with the band. I do know (now) that Jon Thorne is playing bass with them and I think he lists most of their summer gigs on his myspace site - it's mainly festivals tho...
hippy dave
Meltdown

Post by hippy dave »

sorry dolly.... my family is all the way down south, near portsmouth, so i'm down there occasionally - still not very close to london, but my brother drove us up on that occasion.

enjoy the gig :D please ask lou, and andy, to come play in nottingham soon :idea:
Dollydagger
Open Mind

Post by Dollydagger »

Well Andy wasn't there and I didn't get to speak to Lou, but what a gig! The Union Chapel is an AMAZING venue :D

A very emotionally charged set due to Lou's sister dying very suddenly and her dedicating a few songs to her. (Not explicitly said but implied that she took her own life :( )
Dollydagger
Open Mind

Post by Dollydagger »

oh, ps: Lou also said her new album, 'Bloom' will be out in september and she played quite a few tracks from it.
Most memorable one for me was called 'They say'. Lovely