Clarkson - Genius or Twat?

The General Discussion forum has been setup to enable any kind of non-music discussions between the visitors of the website.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

Which word best sums up Jeremy Clarkson

genius
42%
twat
46%
Who's Jeremy Clarkson?
13%

Total votes: 24

webbo

Post by webbo »

Clarkson loves you to think he's a twat, so voting him a twat will only feed his ego & make him even more of a twat. So I'm voting genuis!
Apathetic therapeutic and extremely addictive
wooter
Question: Orbital

Post by wooter »

He made a life out of his hobby. On top of that, he is probably one of the few motorist "journalists" that can just say what they want, without fearing to anger a constructor and to miss driving a new model. And I feel his show is one of the most entertaining, with much credits to their directors, editors and cameramen for making such beautiful shots.

On top of that, he is one of the few who can voice an opinion that is not classic right- or leftwing political correct. I like someone who voices an opinion which alot of people are thinking, but does not fit in the political correct scewed fake reality.

And at last, he takes a piss at everything and everyone, including himself. We should do that sometimes more, instead of feeling so important about us.

Is he a twat? No, but neither is Dave or Steve or anyone else who thinks Jeremy is. I'm sure that when confronted, he would call Dave and Steve twats and spend the rest of the evening chatting with them in the presence of a few pints of lager :).
davemacfrombath
The Moebius

Post by davemacfrombath »

Cheese

Genuinely - I don't give a fuck and really do think this whole thing is a huge laugh.

If I was upset about your comments I would have said so.

You gay fucker.
Slugs! HE created slugs! They can't hear. They can't speak. They can't operate machinery. Are we not in the hands of a lunatic?
tcb2000
Adnan

Post by tcb2000 »

Cheese-bashing, excellent!!

BALDY FUDGEPACKER!!!

:wink:
Willsy
The Moebius

Post by Willsy »

cheese wrote:Wilsy you car whore. What car did you take to Top Gear?
Ha ha ok i've made it sound like i took some sort of supercar to Top Gear but in reality it was just my VW Corrado, but my total pride and joy that i used to have displayed on stands at VW related shows etc. The top gear program featured the Corrado as a Modern day classic which is why i attended the filming as a mate of mine had his featured on the show. Sadly i dont own it anymore and still miss it....sad isnt it!!! ha ha!!!

See pic attached if anyones interested and doesnt rip the piss too much at how sad i am! :D

"You know, just simple lines intertwining, you know, very much like - I'm really influenced by Mozart and Bach, and it's sort of in between those, really. It's like a Mach piece, really"
Nigel Tufnel talking about his song "Lick My Love Pump" - This Is Spinal Tap.

http://www.myspace.com/willsydesignuk
Acid Gaz
Sinner

Post by Acid Gaz »

Willsy wrote:
Cool number plate!
Willsy
The Moebius

Post by Willsy »

Acid Gaz wrote:
Cool number plate!
LOL....cost a fortune!! ha ha!!!
"You know, just simple lines intertwining, you know, very much like - I'm really influenced by Mozart and Bach, and it's sort of in between those, really. It's like a Mach piece, really"
Nigel Tufnel talking about his song "Lick My Love Pump" - This Is Spinal Tap.

http://www.myspace.com/willsydesignuk
philmanns
Sinner

Post by philmanns »

don't let kelvin see it!
cheese
Saint

Post by cheese »

Willsy wrote:
cheese wrote:Wilsy you car whore. What car did you take to Top Gear?
Ha ha ok i've made it sound like i took some sort of supercar to Top Gear but in reality it was just my VW Corrado, but my total pride and joy that i used to have displayed on stands at VW related shows etc. The top gear program featured the Corrado as a Modern day classic which is why i attended the filming as a mate of mine had his featured on the show. Sadly i dont own it anymore and still miss it....sad isnt it!!! ha ha!!!

See pic attached if anyones interested and doesnt rip the piss too much at how sad i am! :D

Nah, you aint THAT sad :wink: I too have my pride and joys but it's too much like hard work to spend that amount of time in getting a car to be as spotless as you had yours.
basshowesy

Post by basshowesy »

I'm wet warm and bald.... does that make me a c*nt too?
webbo

Post by webbo »

basshowesy wrote:I'm wet warm and bald.... does that make me a c*nt too?
Yes
Apathetic therapeutic and extremely addictive
D-Machine

Post by D-Machine »

Loopz wrote:This isnt aimed at anyone :)

This place is fairly easy going place and everyone can stick up for themselves. If you are going to air a view or a belief on a public forum then you have to expect that to be either backed up, challenged or even slagged off. Everyone is different, everyone has their own views so people are going to fall out over the most silly of subject matters. Just like real life...

I'd rather let people air what they want and others air what they think than have a boring controlled forum. As regards to the personal comments, just remember what you give out you will probably get back in return at some point.

Carry on ... :)
Philmanns is a c*nt.
You'll find me by the speakers.
Dollydagger
Open Mind

Post by Dollydagger »

Dave WHERE have u been?! Good to see you back here mate :D
I don't use Myspace anymore, you'll find me on Facebook ;-b
philmanns
Sinner

Post by philmanns »

dave. at leat i'm a living c*nt, instead of dead c*nt that occasionally still moves.
D-Machine

Post by D-Machine »

Aww thanks Jane. I've been around, just haven't posted for a while.
Couldn't miss the chance to take the p*ss out of Phil though...I love him really, he's cool AND funny.
You'll find me by the speakers.