Moogfest - Spoiler Alert

Information on Artist tours, music nights and CD/Record releases. Members can submit details and a monthly thread will be updated.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin

Cranks21
antispam: No
Question: Orbital
Anti Spam: Orbital

Moogfest - Spoiler Alert

Post by Cranks21 »

Well, P&P brought down the house last night. It was SLAMMING'. Orbital took the stage at 10:30 pm after a set by Santigold. Right from the opening drums of One Big Moment the crowd was digging it and alive. Those not familiar with Halcyon were surprised and sang along to the BC/BJ samples and really got the crowd moving. New France and Straight Sun kept the crowd moving and soaking up the beautiful, pretty synth sounds. Then Beelzedub hit and the bass lines and drums took everyone to the dark side. Lot of the younger crowd loved the dubstep elements. Never and Belfast brought some relief again and they both sounded beautiful. Impact was tight. Paul held out the bass on us for a bit, with just the beat and synth noises, but once the bass dropped, it was thumpin. Wonky was definitely a crowd favorite and I loved the end where they messed with some of the vocal samples and stuttered them and sent them flying around the room (very trippy). Are We Here was great. I had heard the new version with the beefed up drums and it did not disappoint live. This was the first time I'd heard this live because when they toured the US back in 2001, they dropped Are We Here from our set because Paul said "It just wasn't fitting in." This time it did fit and it was big. Stringy Acid had a bunch of cool tweaking going on, Chime was a bit short. I miss the emphasis on the 303 part, but it was still cool. Dr. ?, Holy shit that was awesome. Great version with a breakdown in the middle of some half time, dubstep, a lot of fx and shit happening. Wish I had a recording of this version. Where is it Going rocked, with the crowd loving the extra darkness and jammin' of the last bit of the song.

An amazing night for sure. I hadn't seen them live since the 2004 Brixton gigs, and this one was definitely one of my favorites ever (with '96 & '99 shows as my other favorites) Was sitting at a bar before the show and P&P were walking on the other side of the street. I jumped over the railing and went over and talked to them for 10 minutes. They couldn't have been nicer, we talked about the new stripped down gear setup, Out there somewhere and soft synths. Just wanted them to know how much there music has meant to me and so many others. They truly appreciated the kind words. Great guys, great night.

I'm sure with the joy and success that they had making and playing out live for Wonky that we can expect another album and tour.
Badger
Doctor Look Out

Re: Moogfest - Spoiler Alert

Post by Badger »

Patrick is that you? PM does not seem to be able to add you as a user.
https://www.facebook.com/matt.christie.777

"Even a stopped cloak gives the right jacket twice a day"
Cranks21

Re: Moogfest - Spoiler Alert

Post by Cranks21 »

Yep, it's me. Still at the 'cranky...' hotmail account if you want to email me.