Anyone going to Bloc?

Information on Artist tours, music nights and CD/Record releases. Members can submit details and a monthly thread will be updated.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin

stargurl
Geography group B
antispam: No
Question: Orbital
Anti Spam: Orbital

Anyone going to Bloc?

Post by stargurl »

Hello hello

Anyone else headed to Bloc next week? Looking forward to it!
Pooka
Adnan

Re: Anyone going to Bloc?

Post by Pooka »

Yep I'm going, but I don't think many people are tho.
You look real great.
In bloodstains.
geedub

Post by geedub »

Pooka wrote:Yep I'm going, but I don't think many people are tho.
By the sounds of Twitter tonight, its quite the opposite - 20,000 many people have gone tonight and it's been shut down in chaos.
If that really is the case, it's gotta be a good bet that the licence will be pulled for tomorrow.
Reading some of the tweets, I'm thinking it might be best to give up before even going up there tomorrow - even if they try to carry on :(
st185cs

Post by st185cs »

nobody is going - from the official website:-

"By now everyone will have heard that Bloc 2012 was closed due to crowd safety concerns.

We are all absolutely devastated that this happened, but the safety of everyone on site was paramount.

Given the situation on the ground, we feel that it was the right decision to end the show early.

Bloc will not open on Saturday 7th July so please don’t come to the site.

Stand by for full information on refunds"
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

Totally gutted it got cancelled. Such a fantastic linueup and I had my day planned from start to finish :|
stargurl
Geography group B

Post by stargurl »

Loopz wrote:Totally gutted it got cancelled. Such a fantastic linueup and I had my day planned from start to finish :|
Me too :( I was looking forward to seeing you!

I was there on Friday night. Getting in sucked - we waited 90 minutes. Security wasn't scanning (or even checking) tickets or giving out wristbands, just letting people in. Once you were in, there were still big lines to get into any of the tents. We watched part of Amon Tobin from outside the tent, had an awesome time at the Ceephax Acid Waltzers stage watching Ray Keith and riding the waltzer and had a good wander around the site. I think the venue certainly had potential, but there just wasn't enough space in the tents for everyone.

In the end, I've still managed to have a good weekend. Back to Belgium tomorrow!