Royal Albert Hall - Role Call

Information on Artist tours, music nights and CD/Record releases. Members can submit details and a monthly thread will be updated.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin

legspin
Open Mind
antispam: No
Question: Orbital
Anti Spam: Orbital

Re: LONDON - Loopz Pre-Gig Meet Up & Roll Call

Post by legspin »

Kyblik wrote:not after party for me, going to Nottingham early next morning..
Don't bet on that.
Be Pure, Be Vigilant, BEHAVE.
Kyblik
Sinner

Post by Kyblik »

legspin wrote:
Don't bet on that.
ok, i think i could be there for an hour or so.. :) just to figure out how i will get back to Chiswick and i will adapt.

but as i already bought bus tickets to Nottingham and the trip will be a long one with a visit of Games Workshop Warhammer World, i have to be on Victoria Coach right on time in the morning! :)
davemacfrombath
The Moebius

Post by davemacfrombath »

Kyblik wrote:
legspin wrote:
Don't bet on that.
ok, i think i could be there for an hour or so.. :) just to figure out how i will get back to Chiswick and i will adapt.

but as i already bought bus tickets to Nottingham and the trip will be a long one with a visit of Games Workshop Warhammer World, i have to be on Victoria Coach right on time in the morning! :)
No bed for you then!
Slugs! HE created slugs! They can't hear. They can't speak. They can't operate machinery. Are we not in the hands of a lunatic?
Dog
Detached

Post by Dog »

If you want a pub close to the Royal Albert Hall, close to High Street Kensington Underground Station and with an NCP car park directly opposite, I suggest The Goat Tavern, which is much much more suitable than a pub in Knightsbridge, which is miles away...

By Underground: Turn RIGHT out of High Street Kensington tube station, stay on that side of the road (same direction as the Royal Albert Hall) and then look for the pub when you're opposite the Royal Garden Hotel.

By Car: Park in the NCP car park underneath the Royal Garden Hotel, cross Kensington High Street, enter pub!

Trust me, I know the area, I've worked there a lot and the Goat Tavern is the best place to meet up before Tuesday's gig... It's where I'm going anyway... ;)
"Gimme the sight to see
another world outside that's full of
all the broken things that I made"
legspin
Open Mind

Post by legspin »

Ooh, possible pub crawl then beforehand?
Acid Gaz
Sinner

Post by Acid Gaz »

Dog wrote:...which is much much more suitable than a pub in Knightsbridge, which is miles away...
Gotta agree with that. I live fairly local and it's a bit of a trek from Montpelier Street to RAH.
legspin
Open Mind

Post by legspin »

What is the parking situation like around there. Dog mentioned the ncp carpark but on the off-chance it's full what's the on street like? How may organs will I have to sell to park there?
Acid Gaz
Sinner

Post by Acid Gaz »

legspin wrote:What is the parking situation like around there. Dog mentioned the ncp carpark but on the off-chance it's full what's the on street like? How may organs will I have to sell to park there?
NCP will be expensive, but it is nearby. Not sure aboot other parking in the immediate vicinity - it's probably all resident's parking only. You might be better off parking a bit further out in somewhere like Wimbledon & getting the tube up. You can park free in the streets near me (Putney) after 4.30pm, so if you are arriving after then, that's an option (near Putney Bridge tube).
Dog
Detached

Post by Dog »

legspin wrote:What is the parking situation like around there. Dog mentioned the ncp carpark but on the off-chance it's full what's the on street like? How may organs will I have to sell to park there?
Kensington & Chelsea is a bad area for street parking... You could try putting it around the back of the RAH on Prince Consort Road, as there are meters there, but no guarantees that you'll get parking... I'm going for the NCP as it's probably the best bet... There's also the Town Hall car park, which is operated by APCOA. If you do a Google search for APCOA and Kensington, you'll get the address, but it's on Hornton Street... Exit the car park, go straight ahead to High St Kensington and cross over, turning left... You'll see the station opposite you when you hit High St Kensington...

There's also another car park down Young Street, which is slightly closer than the one under the Town Hall. I think the Young Street one is another NCP. Young Street is on the same side of the road as the High St Kensington tube station and The Goat Tavern, approximately between the two... When you exit the car park on foot, turn right towards High St Kensington, then right again when you get there, the pub'll be on that side of the street and not much further on from there is the Royal Albert Hall itself...

I parked in Prince Consort Road for the 1996 Orbital gig at the RAH, but it was a LOT cheaper back then and the Kensington & Chelsea Traffic Wardens didn't hunt in packs (don't laugh, I've counted groups of 2-3 in that area). If you want to risk street parking, there are 3 areas I can point you to... Kensington Court (Milestone Hotel is on the corner), Prince of Wales Terrace and Prince Consort Rd. I can't vouch that Kensington Court and Prince of Wales Terrace won't be resident only though at that time of night...
"Gimme the sight to see
another world outside that's full of
all the broken things that I made"
geedub

Post by geedub »

Oh my! What a gig!
Long live Orbital V2!
I never thought I would see/hear anything as good as that again.
My expectations were worryingly high but totally surpassed.
P&P - You Are Gods!
Thank you.
usernick
Detached

Re: Royal Albert Hall - Role Call

Post by usernick »

Excellent gig - just recovering... :)

8)
legspin
Open Mind

Post by legspin »

Ouch.
dletorey

Post by dletorey »

Amazing!!!!
Brixton tix in the bag
here's my pix from last night
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dletorey/s ... 427448094/
video to come

Dave (aka Ronnie)
dletorey

Post by dletorey »

dletorey wrote: video to come
As Promised
https://vimeo.com/40153121
Kyblik
Sinner

Post by Kyblik »

havent make it in time for the pub sadly, but the gig was totaly awesome. Are We Here?, Sad But True, Impact just rocks! need to get the gig recorded sometime somewhere :)
already thinking about going to London again for 14th december date :)