Looking for a broadcast track...

The Loopz Internet Radio forum was launched a week before the Loopz Internet Radio weekly broadcast. It was used by listeners of the radio broadcasts to discuss anything to do with this service.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

e-dwarf

Looking for a broadcast track...

Post by e-dwarf »

Well I have a very hard question :
I had taperecorded a loopz broadcast and i've listened to an amazing track.
i'm looking for the name of this track that was broadcast during one of the 5 last loopz broadcasts, all I know is that it's huge drill/breakbeat with some bruce lee sounds on it (kicks, punches which make a part of the beat) and that it was broadcast just after plaid : buns (spokes track number 9).
Does anyone know who did it?
the PLA
Sinner
Question: Orbital

Post by the PLA »

I take it you don't have the date of the broadcast then? I have several of them recorded so I'll take a listen & let you know if I find it.
OUT
OF
STEP
e-dwarf

Post by e-dwarf »

Hehehe I'm currently listening to your DJ set of the last broadcast, thanks for this too.
Hexaphim
LC1

Post by Hexaphim »

I haven't heard the broadcast in question, but your description sounds kind of like "#43 with Steamed Rice, Please" by Tsunami One.

It has breakbeats and martial arts movie samples... doesn't really sound like something Loopz would spin, so I'm not sure it's the right track. :)

I, however, find the track quite extraordinarily awesome!

"And I'll kill anyone who dares to go against ME!"
The Hex

Some people don't get the Transformers. It's simple. They're big robots. And they change into things. And they fight. This is beautiful and mad. If you do not get this, there is something missing in your soul. - Paul O'Brien
Timbob
Monsters Exist!
antispam: No
Anti Spam: Orbital

Post by Timbob »

Hexaphim wrote:I haven't heard the broadcast in question, but your description sounds kind of like "#43 with Steamed Rice, Please" by Tsunami One.
hehe, that was the first thought i had too :D

great track yeah, worth checking out anyway.
It's 106 miles to Chicago.
We got a full tank of gas,
half a pack of cigarettes.
It's dark and we are wearing sunglasses
e-dwarf

Post by e-dwarf »

Thanks, I'll check it out as soon as possible (DSL I love you).
e-dwarf

Post by e-dwarf »

Argh, it's not this one. The track I'm talking about is much faster, with drilled beats and almost no synth or no synth at all.
It is much more violent too, and the kung fu sounds (mainly sounds from hits made by bruce or an ersatz of himself) don't appear at the beginning of the track.
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

Hi e-dwarf

any chance you could grab a sample of it ? just 10 seconds or so ?
e-dwarf

Post by e-dwarf »

Nope, it's on a tape, and it's 700km far. :(
All I can say is that it's really really fast (180-200 BPM), really really violent (lots of snares), really really drilled. The track is extremely good at the beginning but when sound effects from kung fu films come the level goes down. Only drum sounds too, no melody.
I'm pretty sure it's not from a dj set, it was played just after plaid's "buns" and was a part of the 5 last broadcasts I think (I'm not qui sure about this one but it was at the end of the loopz radio era :cry:)
the PLA
Sinner

Post by the PLA »

Sorry Mr. E, It looks like that's from one of the broadcasts I missed. :(
I guess Loopz will just have to re-broadcast the last 5 shows then. We can't leave you hanging like that.

& you're very welcome for the set!! It's good to hear people liked it & even still listen to it. I should have a few more to share after the next few weekends. I'll post links here if you're interested.
OUT
OF
STEP
e-dwarf

Post by e-dwarf »

Bad luck, but thanks for using your time to reply me.
And yes i'm interested by links to new sets ! 8)
Mr Loopz shouldn't broadcast old shows, i'm sure he's got plenty of new things for us to discover (but when i buy a new soundcard and get my tape back i think i'll be able to get you a sample).
the PLA
Sinner

Post by the PLA »

Any broadcast will be fine with me. I'm not picky.
OUT
OF
STEP