Chime 7" in a picture sleeve? :shock:

The Questions for the Webmaster forum is used to ask and submit FAQ's and general questions regarding the website and Orbital. Not all questions can be answered but in general a reply will be given within one week. No Polls are allowed in this forum

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

usernick
Detached
antispam: No
Question: Orbital
Anti Spam: Orbital

Chime 7" in a picture sleeve? :shock:

Post by usernick »

Boot?
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

mad! Looks like a jukebox version to me but they are normally picture sleeveless. I will ask around but any idea on cat code ?
usernick
Detached

Post by usernick »

Loopz wrote:mad! Looks like a jukebox version to me but they are normally picture sleeveless. I will ask around but any idea on cat code ?
Good question, I'll let you know if I win it on ebay! :D

(Deeper is on the b-side, date is apparently 1990, and the label is London/FFRR)

If I remember, that photo was used a couple of times in interviews (Record Mirror, for definite)... Looks intriguing, anyway... :)
the PLA
Sinner

Post by the PLA »

It does look really sweet. Good luck Nick, hope you win & hope it's for real.
OUT
OF
STEP
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

Yeah good luck Nick - there was a time i would be waiting to bid on this :) Btw...does he actually say its a jukebox version ?
usernick
Detached

Post by usernick »

Nah, he doesn't mention that it's a jukebox version, although (given the size of the hole in the centre of the record... :wink: )

Looks like Badger's put in a bid before me - ah well! :lol:
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

My mom has plenty of records with big holes in like that. They aint jukebox...just not looked after :)
hippy dave
Meltdown

Post by hippy dave »

i remember wondering what that funny round plastic thing was sitting on the corner of my brother's dodgy old turntable (at the time he had two completely different belt driven ones :lol: ).
and i remember wondering how you were supposed to play a 7" with the middle pressed out of it on a deck without it wobbling everywhere.
guess it was 'cos i never saw both things at the same time (and i was young) but it was quite a while before they clicked together in my mind :oops:
dance your cares away, worries for another day
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

haha. :) yeah my mom had an old turntable where you could press the middle area and a round piece used to spring up. Especially made for those old records that had broken in the centre.
tcb2000
Adnan

Post by tcb2000 »

My Dad used to fix jukeboxes, fruit machines and arcade machines for a living, so we had a jukebox up until I was 15. Consequently I've still got about 200 ex-jukebox records in my parent's garage - I've also got a few singles I bought and got my dad to take into work to get the middle pressed out for me (on a machine commonly known as a 'dinking' machine...). Trouble was the machine didn't always get the hole dead centre and you'd end up with the record sounding a bit 'sick' as the needle moves back and forth. I distinctly remember Axel F sounding like the synths were out of tume...

We frequently had fruit machines at home and every school fair we used to take arcade machines along for the kids to play on....!

Rich