Our national broadcaster

The Questions for the Webmaster forum is used to ask and submit FAQ's and general questions regarding the website and Orbital. Not all questions can be answered but in general a reply will be given within one week. No Polls are allowed in this forum

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

legspin
Open Mind
antispam: No
Question: Orbital
Anti Spam: Orbital

Our national broadcaster

Post by legspin »

Watching RTE over the last couple of months, I have become convinced that the person who chooses the incidental and background music of the current affairs programmes is an electronica fan.
I have heard Plaid, Ulrich Schnauss and lots of Orbital, which I hope they are all getting royalties for.
The only thing is that they are using most of this music as background to the more insalubrious articles on modern life, e.g. Tuesday night there was an article about leaving cert (our A-levels) students going on sun holidays after the exams. As this was an article about drink, drugs and debauchery amongst the young. there was footage of passed out revelers, pavement pizzas and the like, all to the tune of Halcyon.
I was just wondering if P&P are aware of this.
Be Pure, Be Vigilant, BEHAVE.
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

They will now because someone within the Orbital clan reads the forum on a regular basis. Nice of them to make those connections with Halcyon :?
legspin
Open Mind
antispam: No
Anti Spam: Orbital

Post by legspin »

Good.
This is not the first time I have heard the lads being used like this.
There was an item recently on crime ( particularly some drugs related shootings ) and they were definitly playing the box part 1 in the background.
Just coz some redneck thinks that dance music is a criminal activity IMO.
Be Pure, Be Vigilant, BEHAVE.