Bjork's Homogenic

The Music Discussion forum has replaced the old Lyrics and Samples forum and the Live Scene and Music Reviews forum. This forum is used to discuss anything relating to Music including Orbital topics, the live scene including Orbital gigs past, present and future. This section is an ideal place to post your live gigs reviews and album / single reviews. This forum can also be used to discuss Orbital lyrics and samples. The website will never disclose or confirm samples for legal reasons - so this is the next best thing.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

ffej071
Novice
Question: Orbital

Bjork's Homogenic

Post by ffej071 »

have any of you heard Bjork's music? I just downloaded (forgive me) her "Homogenic" album and its actually really good. I'm not sure what genre it falls under but its mainly considered to be "electronica". Yet, this is unlike anything i have ever heard. if anyone out there thinks that techno/electronica music is mindless, boring, or stupid, then this will prove them wrong. And the way she uses the orchestra along with the beats is really good, especially on the tracks "Hunter" and "5 Years". "Pluto" is probobly the most insane song i have ever heard. But anyways...
the PLA
Sinner

Post by the PLA »

Oh yeah, I think you'll find there are quite a few Bjork fans around here, myself included. I highly recommend you check into the rest of her stuff.
OUT
OF
STEP
AnthonyGJ

Post by AnthonyGJ »

All her albums are coming out in 5.1 in March - lovely.
memly
Meltdown
antispam: No
Anti Spam: Orbital

Post by memly »

Shes a genius IMO.

Not only is her music diverse and fascinating, her music videos are also bloody amazing, most notably hunter and Joga.

All is full of love is also a mind blowing video.
I don't know you people...why are you here?
MEMS MUZAK
shadyboy
Oolaa

Post by shadyboy »

The Underworld remix of "Human Behaviour" is genius.
purlieu
Novice

Post by purlieu »

Good album, although some of the second half bores me.
But yeah. Check out her other albums, most of her output is stunning.
contactmaker

Post by contactmaker »

IMO together with Vespertine her best work as an album so I suggest you try that one out next :)
legspin
Open Mind

Post by legspin »

I only have 'Debut' and 'Post', which I both love. I kind of lost track for a while but I was given a copy of her last album by a mate saying that it had some of the best production he had heard, and so I put it on thinking great things.

My god, I have never been so disappointed with an album (apart from The Final Cut by Pink Floyd).
This, to my cloth ears anyway, is like somone took a penknife to an accordion and tried to play it afterwards.
It was some of the worst atonal caterwauling I have ever come across. Production values my arse. It is all well and good having great sound reproduction and crystal clear instrumentation, but that is no excuse for wailing like a demented banshee.

To paraphrase Dorothy Parker
This is not an album to be thrown away lightly, it should be hurled with great force

my 2 cents :P
Be Pure, Be Vigilant, BEHAVE.
Kansler
Sinner

Post by Kansler »

Don't know about her new album, but Homogenic has Mark Bell (of LFO fame) producing most of the tracks, which is fabulous.
It's a piece of cake to bake a pretty cake
D-Machine

Post by D-Machine »

Björk = gorgeous

...and all the remixes.

Not sure about "Medúlla", haven't got it yet.
You'll find me by the speakers.