ulrich schnauss update

The Music Discussion forum has replaced the old Lyrics and Samples forum and the Live Scene and Music Reviews forum. This forum is used to discuss anything relating to Music including Orbital topics, the live scene including Orbital gigs past, present and future. This section is an ideal place to post your live gigs reviews and album / single reviews. This forum can also be used to discuss Orbital lyrics and samples. The website will never disclose or confirm samples for legal reasons - so this is the next best thing.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

schnuu
Novice
Question: Orbital

ulrich schnauss update

Post by schnuu »

Hi!

Welcome to the new one...

CHEERS! :roll:
Dollydagger
Open Mind

Post by Dollydagger »

ha ha ha! Three cheers for Schnuu 8)
I don't use Myspace anymore, you'll find me on Facebook ;-b
schnuu
Novice

Burn Burn Burn

Post by schnuu »

Hi!

The First Update @ the new forum! :D

Look @ this link: http://www.somewherecold.com/modules.ph ... 141&page=1

It's an interesting interview!

CHEERS! :wink:
legspin
Open Mind
antispam: No
Anti Spam: Orbital

Post by legspin »

Delighted to hear a new album in the pipeline.
I saw him the last time he was here in the Sugar Club. It was the first gig I went to as a daddy so has a bit of history for me. :D I came out of that with a hugh smile on my face. Is he gonna be back?
Be Pure, Be Vigilant, BEHAVE.
stargurl
Geography group B

Post by stargurl »

I read over on virtual festivals that's he's booked to play the John Peel stage at Glasto on the Friday afternoon. Apparently someone was speaking with him after the Toronto show on Tuesday and he said this...

Missed the Toronto show due to a billion reasons (sold out, then I sorted that out; I was working that night, then I sorted that out; then I had to work another job that night... on the night of, didn't that second job turn into disaster and I found myself at home. Not meant to be!)
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

Bad news about you not making Toronto but if he is at Glasto then that would be wicked :)
"I demand an audience with his satanic majesty"
Brum . Loopz Music . Dj Set @ Bubble Club
usernick
Detached

Post by usernick »

This is probably a question for Schnuu, but has the US 12" of "On My Own" been released yet? There's apparently a longer version of the Sasha remix on a promo CDR of his "Involver" album, and was wondering if it was on there?
hippy dave
Meltdown

Post by hippy dave »

i saw the promo cdr of involver in a local music shop the other day, unmixed versions of about half a dozen tracks, was semi tempted to pick it up but didn't bother in the end... maybe if it had had the shpongle remix on it...
dance your cares away, worries for another day
usernick
Detached

Post by usernick »

hippy dave wrote:i saw the promo cdr of involver in a local music shop the other day, unmixed versions of about half a dozen tracks, was semi tempted to pick it up but didn't bother in the end... maybe if it had had the shpongle remix on it...
If it's still there, could you pick it up for us? If not, don't worry, but I like both Sasha and Ulrich, and it's a bit of a difficult one to find! :D

Will definitely sort you out with some cash if you could - cheers! 8)
rach
Novice

Post by rach »

wow! why have i never listened to ulrich schnauss before??!! heard a few tracks for the first time ever last night and they are lovely! seems i've found a new artist to follow! :)
is this a piece of your brain?
usernick
Detached

Post by usernick »

rach wrote:wow! why have i never listened to ulrich schnauss before??!! heard a few tracks for the first time ever last night and they are lovely! seems i've found a new artist to follow! :)
Yup, I only recently started listening to him in the past couple of weeks, and have now bought both the Ulrich Schnauss CD's (both available from Boomkat for the grand price of a tenner for the two!). Seems to be on constant rotation at the moment! 8)

As for the Ethereal 77 CD (called 'Landscapes') - that seems to be a very rare item, and Ulrich has stated that he doesn't intend to reissue any of his older stuff, as musically he doesn't like them... Ah well! :D

Enjoy the CD's - it's the right weather for it today! 8)
hippy dave
Meltdown

Post by hippy dave »

will have a look...
dance your cares away, worries for another day
usernick
Detached

Post by usernick »

Found some Ulrich news (re: Ulrich Schnauss/Robin Guthrie remix EP):

"ulrich//robin
'on my own' is complete; 'gone forever' is about half-way done but that's about it for now i'm afraid - as for anything even resembling a release? - we're looking at autumn/winter - then there's licensing etc and some other bits n' bobs.

besides, robin is rather busy on another project at the mo...

best,

b"

Oh, and the Rachel Goswell single is available as a digital download via 4AD (for those who don't like vinyl)! :D
nacmat
Saint

Post by nacmat »

how is ulrich schnauss like? i mean his music
architecture is nothing but sex between light and space
legspin
Open Mind

Post by legspin »

I think Rach described it best. 'Lovely' is perfect. It is far and away the warmest, most uplifting electronica I have ever heard.
I am reminded of Belfast and Style by Orbital, Porcelain by Moby, the themes to Midnight Cowboy and Bladerunner, and a dash of the precision of Kraftwork and Tangerine Dream.
It can be a little sacharine for some tastes but for me it's like the perfect chocolate cake: warm, rich, sweet and dark. You know it will rot your teeth and make you fat but you have to keep going back for more :)
I would recommend for starters the Morr compilation 'Blue Skied an' Clear'. There are two tracks by Ulrich on it, a cover of Crazy for You' by Slowdive and an original called 'Wherever You Are'. Indeed if you are into Slowdive or My Bloody Valentine he should sit well with you too.
On his first album the tracks 'Between Us and Them' and 'Molfsee' do it for me, whlie on his second 'Monday-Paracetamol' really stands out.
Be Pure, Be Vigilant, BEHAVE.