Orbital inspired music

The Music Discussion forum has replaced the old Lyrics and Samples forum and the Live Scene and Music Reviews forum. This forum is used to discuss anything relating to Music including Orbital topics, the live scene including Orbital gigs past, present and future. This section is an ideal place to post your live gigs reviews and album / single reviews. This forum can also be used to discuss Orbital lyrics and samples. The website will never disclose or confirm samples for legal reasons - so this is the next best thing.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

MythsAndMonsters
antispam: No
Question: Orbital
Anti Spam: Orbital

Orbital inspired music

Post by MythsAndMonsters »

Orbital are one of my favourite acts. I'd go so far to say Insides is my #1 album. I remember being a young teenager in around 2000 watching pixellated, glitchy videos of them online or the odd Glastonbury footage with their banks of equipment and my mind being blown. I wanted to do the same, but everything was so expensive and big. It was never going to happen.

In the lat year, I've finally been able to live out my dream - at least in miniature with some more budget synths. I started gigging as 'Myths and Monsters' around 3 months ago, with tracks influenced heavily by the Hartnolls along with hints of 70s acts like Kraftwerk/Jean Michel Jarre, 80s synthpop and a dollop of 90s dance. One of my "synths" is a Nintendo, so there are arcadey bleeps and bloops too.

I feel ashamed self promoting, but I know there is a very good chance that you'd like my stuff if you like Orbital and I'd love feedback or even meet a few more faces at gigs. Here is a set I performed in Glasgow at the weekend (and there is a video of some of the set on my Facebook page). https://soundcloud.com/mythsandmonsters ... w-06-01-18 or www.facebook.com/mythsandmonstersuk
legspin
Open Mind

Re: Orbital inspired music

Post by legspin »

Greetings.
In fairness a first post that is about your music rather than the band would get a smack of the ban hammer but trafic around here has been a bit light so we'll let you away with it this time. I am going to move it though to the music discussion forum.
Be Pure, Be Vigilant, BEHAVE.
MythsAndMonsters

Re: Orbital inspired music

Post by MythsAndMonsters »

Eek, sorry - thank you for not banning me! I do intend on sticking around here.