Boards of Canada - The Campfire Headphase

The Music Discussion forum has replaced the old Lyrics and Samples forum and the Live Scene and Music Reviews forum. This forum is used to discuss anything relating to Music including Orbital topics, the live scene including Orbital gigs past, present and future. This section is an ideal place to post your live gigs reviews and album / single reviews. This forum can also be used to discuss Orbital lyrics and samples. The website will never disclose or confirm samples for legal reasons - so this is the next best thing.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

Loopz
Site Admin
Question: Orbital

Post by Loopz »

Its prob another live bootleg track like last time.

Not heard the BoC one neither...
memly
Meltdown
antispam: No
Anti Spam: Orbital

Post by memly »

Ok, this is rather bloody good.

I'm so happy that finally an album I have been eager to hear has delivered.

The inclusion of guitars works really well :D

Some absolutely breathtaking tracks here. Although I was expecting "Farewell Fire" to be 8 1/2 minutes of lushness only to find it peterred out after 3...

Nonetheless I am really impressed.
I don't know you people...why are you here?
MEMS MUZAK
trompurple
HOAX

Post by trompurple »

My joy is complete: Campfire Headphase released here in Japan today... Good to get my hands on the real McCoy after being duped by a disappointing fake one - a lesson for me! (But thanks to the kind soul who provided it anyway)

Awesome. Stunningly beautiful. I liked Geogaddi but this really is BoC back to their best... all the best elements from MHTR, Beautiful place, Hi Scores are there for me as is everything you want and expect from BoC... Warbly keys, hi-hats, hip hopish b-lines, lushness, achingly beautiful and twisted melodies...

Bonus Japan track is cool too...

lovelylovelylovely 8)
Mashed Potatoes? Why do hate mashed potatoes? (It's a hoax, I don't really hate them)
Timbob
Monsters Exist!

Post by Timbob »

for everyone who hasn't heard it yet:

http://3voor12.vpro.nl/3voor12/luisterp ... 1+24408945

streaming album Image
It's 106 miles to Chicago.
We got a full tank of gas,
half a pack of cigarettes.
It's dark and we are wearing sunglasses
RickySteamBoat
Saint

Post by RickySteamBoat »

Well said Trom.
I thoroughly agree. This is an absolute gem of an album. If it was embodied as a woman, she would be gorgeous (and i'd definitly get up on her).

Trom: Is the japanese version worth getting and splashing out extra money for (for the bonus tune, that is)????

ricky
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

trompurple wrote:My joy is complete: Campfire Headphase released here in Japan today... Good to get my hands on the real McCoy after being duped by a disappointing fake one - a lesson for me! (But thanks to the kind soul who provided it anyway)

Bonus Japan track is cool too...
I gave you some legit tracks though Dan didnt i ?

Soooooo the Bonus track.....
nacmat
Saint

Post by nacmat »

I got the mp3, but I dont have the way to upload it, I have soulseek though
architecture is nothing but sex between light and space
trompurple
HOAX

Post by trompurple »

Yes you did steve, funnily enough they weren't my favourites, but I think its definitely one that makes a lot more sense as a whole...

In places it reminds me of some of the remixes they've done over the years - like Beck, and the Slag Boom Van Loon rmxs.

Ricky, dunno how much extra it would cost... maybe, tis a nice track, perhaps not the best in my opinion but one of the better ones. If you're flash right now, then yeah!

Can't get enough of it... very magical sounding I was thinking today. Reminds me of a weird late night animation with magigians by lakes casting spells and mini fireworks flying around their heads! (but maybe that's just me!)
Mashed Potatoes? Why do hate mashed potatoes? (It's a hoax, I don't really hate them)
trompurple
HOAX

Post by trompurple »

Make that a 'yes' Ricky, it's a grower...
Orbitalhound

Post by Orbitalhound »

Sooo what's people's soulseek names that have this bonus track?
-Sam Clark
hippy dave
Meltdown

Post by hippy dave »

i trust you're only asking for informational purposes, because you're collecting soulseek names for a school project or the like :wink:
dance your cares away, worries for another day
nacmat
Saint

Post by nacmat »

architecture is nothing but sex between light and space
Dollydagger
Open Mind

Post by Dollydagger »

It's released here today I believe. HMV are giving away BoC limited edition artwork with the album

http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayProd ... sku=413615

It doesn't mention anything about the artwork on the website but it had a full page advert in Saturday's Guardian Guide.
I don't use Myspace anymore, you'll find me on Facebook ;-b
memly
Meltdown

Post by memly »

This is fast becoming album of the year for me. I know its probably still too early as theres a good couple of months of new releases to come before 06... but I cant seem to put this album down.

I definately think the first half of the album has the strongest tracks and I do get slightly peeved when they do their 2 minute soundscapes because so many of them are potentially fantastic, then it fades out!

Still Dayvan Cowboy and Peacock Tail are such incredible tracks.
Beautiful.
I don't know you people...why are you here?
MEMS MUZAK
bliss

Post by bliss »

It's a bit good really isn't it. After the first listen I thought there were no stand out tracks on the album. After my third listen I have realized nearly all of the tracks are amazing - Chromakey Dreamcoat, Satellite Anthem Icarus, Dayvan Cowboy, Oscar See Through Red Eye, Hey Saturday Sun, Sherbet Head, A Moment Of Clarity and Tears From The Compound Eye, I'm well impressed and very envious. A collection of sublime, floaty songs that melt your brain.

What does "A Moment Of Clarity" remind me of. I keep humming a melody along to it. I think it's something by Zero 7.
Last.fm - Planet Bliss on last.fm

Planet Bliss - SoundCloud - Chilled Electronic Music