BOC - Tomorrows Harvest

The Music Discussion forum has replaced the old Lyrics and Samples forum and the Live Scene and Music Reviews forum. This forum is used to discuss anything relating to Music including Orbital topics, the live scene including Orbital gigs past, present and future. This section is an ideal place to post your live gigs reviews and album / single reviews. This forum can also be used to discuss Orbital lyrics and samples. The website will never disclose or confirm samples for legal reasons - so this is the next best thing.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

memly
Meltdown
antispam: No
Question: Orbital
Anti Spam: Orbital

BOC - Tomorrows Harvest

Post by memly »

Ok...

So who has heard this yet? Anybody care to review for us who are still yet to listen to it.

Stop lurking and start postin!

I have to wait until my copy arrives, then I will review it myself on here.
I don't know you people...why are you here?
MEMS MUZAK
shadyboy
Oolaa

Re: BOC - Tomorrows Harvest

Post by shadyboy »

Loopz and I have had a few chats about it on the Twitter, all I will say is that it is a very well made and dense record and really really needs several listens over a period of time before it lays out all its treasures for you.

As I initially said to Steve after first listen to me it had some beautiful tracks, some tracks that are too short (intentional it seems after reading their interview with The Guardian last week), and some boring tracks. Now that I have it on FLAC and listened to it on a decent soundsystem I think its probably the best thing they have done since MHTRTC.

All I will say is that if you are a fan of 80's synth soundtracks for sci-fi/horror movies you will love it, but maybe not on your first few listens!!!

Sorry its not a track by track, I think its better to jump into this one with no preconceptions! :D
Pirtek
Sinner

Post by Pirtek »

Never been into these before, but I'm really enjoying this! Going to go back and listen to their other material.
memly
Meltdown

Post by memly »

In A Beautiful Place Out In The Country - Still my favourite piece of work by BOC, but in my opinion it is all good!

I like the new album, its maybe not as fresh as previous outings, but it is still regularly played in casa Memly.
I don't know you people...why are you here?
MEMS MUZAK
Pirtek
Sinner

Post by Pirtek »

memly wrote:Image

In A Beautiful Place Out In The Country - Still my favourite piece of work by BOC, but in my opinion it is all good!

I like the new album, its maybe not as fresh as previous outings, but it is still regularly played in casa Memly.
I'll check this out. Getting into BOC.