Collectors beware.....

The Music Discussion forum has replaced the old Lyrics and Samples forum and the Live Scene and Music Reviews forum. This forum is used to discuss anything relating to Music including Orbital topics, the live scene including Orbital gigs past, present and future. This section is an ideal place to post your live gigs reviews and album / single reviews. This forum can also be used to discuss Orbital lyrics and samples. The website will never disclose or confirm samples for legal reasons - so this is the next best thing.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

ACE_SEE
antispam: No
Question: Orbital
Anti Spam: Orbital

Collectors beware.....

Post by ACE_SEE »

A few clever counterfeits have been knocking around on E$b£y recently.
One expensive item caught me out until I received it, I'm also aware of a frequent loopz member getting stitched up.

I believe the seller genuinely didn't know and was happy to refund me.
The MO was very similar though to a couple of sellers I caught out last year and in 2010.
Perhaps they're back up to their old tricks again under new user names.

I'll not name and shame the seller but I will reply to PM.s if anyone has any concerns.

Best
ACE_SEE
usernick
Detached

Re: Collectors beware.....

Post by usernick »

ACE_SEE wrote:A few clever counterfeits have been knocking around on E$b£y recently.
One expensive item caught me out until I received it, I'm also aware of a frequent loopz member getting stitched up.

I believe the seller genuinely didn't know and was happy to refund me.
The MO was very similar though to a couple of sellers I caught out last year and in 2010.
Perhaps they're back up to their old tricks again under new user names.

I'll not name and shame the seller but I will reply to PM.s if anyone has any concerns.

Best
ACE_SEE
Was it per se, a CDR of "Where Is It Going"? Yup, same thing happened to me - probably the same seller pulling the same stunt?

8)
ACE_SEE

Post by ACE_SEE »

Not in my case but that is the case with another forum regular.
Sent details via PM
Kyblik
Sinner

Post by Kyblik »

i also bought Where Is It Going? counterfeit and was refunded thx to eBay, the seller (was a girl) doesn't communicated with me whatsoever.. cost me 35 pounds..
ACE_SEE

Post by ACE_SEE »

Hi guys just to let you all know the above counterfeiter is still at it.
An 8:58 'watermarked' promo cdr is on eba% at present. It has a mirrored type disc face. I'm 100% sure its fake.
He's been at it for years and has got away with 1000's of these on eba% and Disc%gs.
PM for his trading names if you are concerned.
Andy