Which Orbital Live Show is this?

The Music Discussion forum has replaced the old Lyrics and Samples forum and the Live Scene and Music Reviews forum. This forum is used to discuss anything relating to Music including Orbital topics, the live scene including Orbital gigs past, present and future. This section is an ideal place to post your live gigs reviews and album / single reviews. This forum can also be used to discuss Orbital lyrics and samples. The website will never disclose or confirm samples for legal reasons - so this is the next best thing.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

Hillsman
antispam: No
Question: Orbital
Anti Spam: Orbital

Which Orbital Live Show is this?

Post by Hillsman »

Hi All,

Long time electronic music fan & second post for me. I am wiritng with a question about a Orbital Live Show that I taped off the radio a long time ago (early 90s). I have lost the tape and I am hoping someone on here can help me identify the recording. My apologies if I have opened this thread in the wrong part of the forum.

The first time I ever heard Orbital was when one of their early live shows was played on BBC Radio One. Unbelievably, I cannot find hide nor hair of it anywhere on the Web. Does anyone remember it or know where I can get it?

I am almost certain that it started with Choice. I am quite sure that they also played Satan and they DEFINITELY played Chime & Fahrenheit. The atmosphere was fantastic and what made it brilliant was that most (if not all of the tracks) were from the Yellow album. I'm also pretty sure that Pete Tong presented the show.

I always thought it was their first Glastonbury show, but the track-listing for that show includes tracks from the Brown album and Snivilisation so that definitely wasn't it. I believe that show was played on the John Peel show and I still have a cassette recording of it!!

Any ideas folks?! Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Hillsman

Re: Which Orbital Live Show is this?

Post by Hillsman »

Ahem. I have just been provided with the following information and this looks like what I am after:

"Norwich Soundcity 1992 broadcast on Radio One. http://www.jamielochhead.co.uk/live1.htm lists all of their live recordings and gives the tracklisting of the Norwich show as: 1. choice 2. fahrenheit 3d3 3. chime crime 4. bit 5. oolaa 6. speed freak 7. announcements"
Badger
Doctor Look Out

Re: Which Orbital Live Show is this?

Post by Badger »

Yup that would be the one. Damn fine show too...would've loved to have seen that gig.
https://www.facebook.com/matt.christie.777

"Even a stopped cloak gives the right jacket twice a day"