New tunes for December tour?

The Music Discussion forum has replaced the old Lyrics and Samples forum and the Live Scene and Music Reviews forum. This forum is used to discuss anything relating to Music including Orbital topics, the live scene including Orbital gigs past, present and future. This section is an ideal place to post your live gigs reviews and album / single reviews. This forum can also be used to discuss Orbital lyrics and samples. The website will never disclose or confirm samples for legal reasons - so this is the next best thing.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

Funky Dung
Adnan
Question: Orbital

New tunes for December tour?

Post by Funky Dung »

So we know that normally when Orbital do a second tour later in the year they switch the set around a little bit, maybe dropping a couple of tracks and putting in a couple of new ones or bringing back some oldies.

Anyone got any hints or suggestions for what might turn up in the set? If you know for sure though, please don't say because I'm only being polite and starting a conversation to make sure Orbital have thought about it - I don't actually want the surprise ruined.

Look at me creating a new topic! First one in about a decade.
"People say that alcohol's a drug. It's not a drug, it's a drink."
Cranks21
antispam: No
Anti Spam: Orbital

Re: New tunes for December tour?

Post by Cranks21 »

I have no idea what they might add/drop from the set, but I have a couple of suggestions.

I think they could drop Halcyon, Belfast (even though it is a great transition from Never and to Impact), and Are We Here.

Add PETROL, Nothing Left or Way Out, Choice or maybe something like Tech Park or even Sunday would be awesome.
legspin
Open Mind

Post by legspin »

If they drop Belfast on Saturday there will probably be a riot....
Be Pure, Be Vigilant, BEHAVE.
jefffinsd

Post by jefffinsd »

During their mini U.S. tour a couple of months ago, they dropped Sad but Ture and Stringy Acid, but added New France and Dr. ?
Kyblik
Sinner

Post by Kyblik »

jefffinsd wrote:During their mini U.S. tour a couple of months ago, they dropped Sad but Ture and Stringy Acid, but added New France and Dr. ?
recently in Lucerna Hall in Prague, they played Doctor? and New France, dropped Sad But True, but let Stringy Acid stay.
memly
Meltdown

Post by memly »

They need to drop Never. Its quite jarring in the current setlist. Bring back Technoligiquggique Park... or Nothing Left parts 1&2.
I don't know you people...why are you here?
MEMS MUZAK
jefffinsd

Post by jefffinsd »

My bad on Stringy Acid, I believe they left it in. I love the beggining of this song and how well they blend it into Chime.
Funky Dung
Adnan

Post by Funky Dung »

I don't need to hear Doctor ? again thanks...

I'm a 'heavy user' of Orbital live so have similar requests to other addicts... I love Belfast and everything but would happily see that skipped (or tweaked/updated), plus Halcyon, but I know there are lots of people who go to see Orbital expecting to hear them. I'd just like them to be messed around with a bit more. For Brixton Academy at least, I bet most people there have seen Orbital live numerous times before.

Are We Here?'s been sounding great but we could get two other tunes in if it vacated. There's always a call for Kein Trink Wasser, which I'd still love to hear a new live version of, and I'd happily take an updated version of anything that's not been played for a few years. Sad But True was a great addition - be happy to hear that again, maybe with more Sad But New? Walk Now, Dwr Budr, Forever, Style, Fahrenheit 303, Nothing Left, Pay Per View... I'm open to anything really - I always like to be surprised where possible! Oh yeah, and I think a little Satan pay-off at the end of Beelzedub would be nice too. :)

To be honest though, I thought the setlist on the last tour was great.

Surprise me! (Not with Doctor ?)
"People say that alcohol's a drug. It's not a drug, it's a drink."
Kyblik
Sinner

Post by Kyblik »

Funky Dung wrote:Dwr Budr
that would be AWESOME! this track is one of my totaly TOP TOP TOP of all time from all the artists i listen to :)
Pirtek
Sinner

Post by Pirtek »

memly wrote:They need to drop Never. Its quite jarring in the current setlist. Bring back Technoligiquggique Park... or Nothing Left parts 1&2.
Yeah, Technologicque Park is awesome live!
Kyblik wrote:
Funky Dung wrote:Dwr Budr
that would be AWESOME! this track is one of my totaly TOP TOP TOP of all time from all the artists i listen to :)
A great track, but not one of my faves.
Shrineboy
Saint

Post by Shrineboy »

I want High Rise.
thehitcher
Novice

Post by thehitcher »

Funky Dung wrote: Trink Wasser,Walk Now,Fahrenheit 303
I agree these 3 would be great along with speed freak,TGWTSIHH, P.E.T.R.O.L but I would take the awesome tech park
legspin
Open Mind

Post by legspin »

Whatever about this December (it will still be predominantly Wonky stuff I would have thought) I do think that the set needs an overhaul. Much and all as I love Impact, Halcyon and Belfast, the set needs a refresh and they should go. If they dropped Chime I wouldn't complain either but I'd say that will happen approximately never. I think a brave approach to changes in the set would do no harm at all.
Be Pure, Be Vigilant, BEHAVE.
tezleyflahflah
Saint

Post by tezleyflahflah »

I'm hoping for Walk Now and have been doing so for numerous tours now.
Which gigs are people going to? Me and Wend will be at Manchester, Leicester, Preston, Sheffield, Birmingham and the first Brixton date.
thehitcher
Novice

Post by thehitcher »

Also would like them to bring the Gun Is Good into the set