Pusher Soundtrack - Full Preview

The Music Discussion forum has replaced the old Lyrics and Samples forum and the Live Scene and Music Reviews forum. This forum is used to discuss anything relating to Music including Orbital topics, the live scene including Orbital gigs past, present and future. This section is an ideal place to post your live gigs reviews and album / single reviews. This forum can also be used to discuss Orbital lyrics and samples. The website will never disclose or confirm samples for legal reasons - so this is the next best thing.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

Carpathian
antispam: No
Question: Orbital
Anti Spam: Orbital

Re: Pusher Soundtrack - Full Preview

Post by Carpathian »

Very enjoyable indeed - sometimes a film's soundtrack, whoever does it, can lose a lot when dropped onto a cd but this time round it works very well. I'm loving the harder edged drone pieces a lot but they play into the area of stuff I like anyway, Orbital or not. The longer tracks, as already mentioned, are rather tasty.

Very little on there I don't like, really, - maybe "The Music (Instrumental)" by Marcus Marr wouldn't have been missed had it not been there due to it being a bit generic. Also, there isn't enough Toni Halliday - a taste of her on "Heroin Bath" just made me wish for her on a few more but hey, some is better than none I guess.

In an ideal world (ie one that sadly won't happen) I'd love a good few of these to get opened out from shorter incidental pieces to fully fleshed out extended works. I wonder if the Hartnoll's have some of these as WIP when putting the soundtrack together. An EP ("Pushed Further"? "Pulled"?) would be cracking but I'd expect a logistical/legal/licensing nightmare?

The brevity of short things that could be so much better longer is a standard soundtrack gripe though and not really pointed at this one uniquely.

All in all a fine addition to the Orbital works :applause
TWfan
antispam: No
Question: Orbital
Anti Spam: Orbital

Re: Pusher Soundtrack - Full Preview

Post by TWfan »

Some tracks are annoyingly short and I wonder on track 3 which came first this or wonky?
Also itunes could find no information on the album when I imported it.