LX Paterson has a sly dig at Orbital!!!

The Music Discussion forum has replaced the old Lyrics and Samples forum and the Live Scene and Music Reviews forum. This forum is used to discuss anything relating to Music including Orbital topics, the live scene including Orbital gigs past, present and future. This section is an ideal place to post your live gigs reviews and album / single reviews. This forum can also be used to discuss Orbital lyrics and samples. The website will never disclose or confirm samples for legal reasons - so this is the next best thing.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

shadyboy
Oolaa
antispam: No
Question: Orbital
Anti Spam: Orbital

LX Paterson has a sly dig at Orbital!!!

Post by shadyboy »

Was reading an interview online here http://www.sabotagetimes.com/music/the- ... tch-perry/ and there's a wee dig at P&P....

"How do you feel about that? Do you feel as if… I don’t want to say you’ve not been recognised but do you feel that maybe you haven’t been given the sort of respect that you deserve?

It’s because we haven’t played the right game. What’s the word?

Selling out?

Not selling out. Better than selling out. It’s retiring and then doing the gig, the reforming gig. Which, naming names, a name very similar to the Orb, they do that. At least we haven’t done that."

:Handbag

Love The Orb, but LX has always come across as a bit of a dick and he's got previous for bitching about Orbital, Leftfield and The Chems coz he felt they should have become as famous as them!!!!!
Love is wise, hatred is foolish.....
Timbob
Monsters Exist!

Re: LX Paterson has a sly dig at Orbital!!!

Post by Timbob »

It's 106 miles to Chicago.
We got a full tank of gas,
half a pack of cigarettes.
It's dark and we are wearing sunglasses
roorback
Novice

Post by roorback »

donkey rhubarb

Post by donkey rhubarb »

I think we can take this with a pinch of salt. Its all mildly tongue in cheek if you ask me.

No-one (and I include him in this) could honestly accuse Orbital's break-ip and reformation as some kind of marketing inspired re-launch masterplan. As I see it, they broke up with no intention of reforming, had a break, did their own thing for a bit and then got inspired and got back together again.

If anything, rather than having a dig at Orbital, maybe the Doctor is pointing out that the Orb are unusual amongst their peers in that they've stuck at it for the duration.

It's all a bit of fun.
'time is like a freeway with an infinite number of lanes'

Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/room3
shadyboy
Oolaa

Post by shadyboy »

Yeah perhaps he's being a bit naughty...

The new Orb album is quality mind u - to my ears the best they have done since UFOrb....very funky chilled and tight. Lee Perry is as mad as a brush!!!!!!!!!!
davemacfrombath
The Moebius

Post by davemacfrombath »

so what is worse - reforming and creating a new album or regurgitating your biggest hit over and over again...?!

Having said that, the latest version of LFCs is really good....
Slugs! HE created slugs! They can't hear. They can't speak. They can't operate machinery. Are we not in the hands of a lunatic?
Kyblik
Sinner

Post by Kyblik »

love The Orb too, they are in my top 5 ever. but its not very nice to read his comments on Orbital like that.
i think The Orb should make similar break and then see whats for them from it :)
Pirtek
Sinner

Post by Pirtek »

Never been into The Orb.
shadyboy
Oolaa

Post by shadyboy »

U.F.Orb is arguably one of the greatest electronic albums of the last 20 years imho, to be honest I think that Thrash was the main man for The Orb...the quality of the output deterioated massivley once he left them...

One of the reasons he left was due to him being fed up that LX was taking all the credit for the band's success!!!!! :Handbag