I love music interview

The Music Discussion forum has replaced the old Lyrics and Samples forum and the Live Scene and Music Reviews forum. This forum is used to discuss anything relating to Music including Orbital topics, the live scene including Orbital gigs past, present and future. This section is an ideal place to post your live gigs reviews and album / single reviews. This forum can also be used to discuss Orbital lyrics and samples. The website will never disclose or confirm samples for legal reasons - so this is the next best thing.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

MindRubber

I love music interview

Post by MindRubber »

Another nice interview:

http://www.ilikemusic.com/interview/Orbital

I particularly liked the parts about how they play live, I didn't realise quite how much they broke the tunes down to individual components! Quite brave considering how easily it could go wrong, but probably explains how they manage to sound so dynamic live compared to the records, and more easily respond to the reactions of the crowd.

It also hints to me about why Paul has most of the writing credits on wonky. I think it just comes down to the more mobile technology which means Paul is constantly writing on his laptop while they are touring, so he comes up with the basic outline before they get in the studio to develop it.