ORBITAL - WONKY It's Here!

The Music Discussion forum has replaced the old Lyrics and Samples forum and the Live Scene and Music Reviews forum. This forum is used to discuss anything relating to Music including Orbital topics, the live scene including Orbital gigs past, present and future. This section is an ideal place to post your live gigs reviews and album / single reviews. This forum can also be used to discuss Orbital lyrics and samples. The website will never disclose or confirm samples for legal reasons - so this is the next best thing.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

Matteo
antispam: No
Question: Orbital
Anti Spam: Orbital

ORBITAL - WONKY It's Here!

Post by Matteo »

Enjoy.......

LINK REMOVED

Loopz - sorry i can't be dealing with this. If links are posted and encouraged then we will just be shut down. simple as that.
Carpathian

Re: ORBITAL - WONKY It's Here!

Post by Carpathian »

So tempted but just had an email saying my 2CD version has been despatched from Play today.

It would feel like cheating to give in so close to it arriving :mrgreen:
Timbob
Monsters Exist!

Post by Timbob »

I was just about to post it :P
So, Let's have a discussion! opinions please.

My favs so far is New france. I don't care what everybody says... The vocals are awesome, and the sound is really fresh.
Wonky... not so much. I could do without those vocals.

the rest of the album is quite nice as well. Haven't given it all as much time as the single of course.. Stringy Acid is nice for the classic sounds. Beelzedub is funny, but maybe a bit over the top for an album track. I can imagine it will be like a hammer in the face played live (In a good way, if possible). Rest of the songs need more time I guess.

Looking forward to seeing them live 13th of april in Amsterdam.
better fix my lights.
It's 106 miles to Chicago.
We got a full tank of gas,
half a pack of cigarettes.
It's dark and we are wearing sunglasses
vvt23
Novice
Anti Spam: orbital

Post by vvt23 »

Whilst i'm pleased you have posted it, i'm not sure how well it will go down with the admin (especially as its not out for another few days yet)
Timbob
Monsters Exist!

Post by Timbob »

vvt23 wrote:Whilst i'm pleased you have posted it, i'm not sure how well it will go down with the admin (especially as its not out for another few days yet)
It's totally legal. the website belongs to a dutch broadcast company. they have playlist with all kinds of new albums that keeps on changing. It's streaming only, so no download. And I'm pretty sure the record labels aprove of this :)
It's 106 miles to Chicago.
We got a full tank of gas,
half a pack of cigarettes.
It's dark and we are wearing sunglasses
vvt23
Novice

Post by vvt23 »

Aha, thats good then. :D

the dutch get all the good things first.... :!: :wink:

Stringy acid sounds amazing on record.
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

To be honest, i'm not sure if it is legal or illegal but i dont want to risk the closure of the forums by allowing it. Hope you understand :)
vvt23
Novice

Post by vvt23 »

Loopz wrote:To be honest, i'm not sure if it is legal or illegal but i dont want to risk the closure of the forums by allowing it. Hope you understand :)
I completely understand.

You have done a sterling job over the years. :)
DMPugh

Post by DMPugh »

Loopz - Thank you SO MUCH for taking that link down. I haven't got the willpower in me to resist hearing the album early! :)
Carpathian

Post by Carpathian »

Loopz wrote:To be honest, i'm not sure if it is legal or illegal but i dont want to risk the closure of the forums by allowing it. Hope you understand :)
is a legit site and the 3voor12 side is their music arm - they've been doing stuff for years on the music side including putting on live shows, releasing cds, exclusive live sessions and streaming/hyping albums and the like. They follow label/artist guidelines right down to sometimes allowing streaming in only certain sales regions etc

I know of them from my obsessive following of Goldfrapp as Alison was part of their MOONDIVE collaborations shows back in 1999 with people like Doug Wimbush.

I'd say that having that link on here will do you no harm at all, though I absolutely understand you not wanting to take a risk if you're not sure.
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

No problem - thanks for the information :)

If i get the nod from those up above then we can put back on the forum. Until then, let's not even go there :)
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

vvt23 wrote:
I completely understand.

You have done a sterling job over the years. :)
The pleasure is mine :) thanks
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

DMPugh wrote:Loopz - Thank you SO MUCH for taking that link down. I haven't got the willpower in me to resist hearing the album early! :)
I really do think, first listens should be nice, loud and clear versions. Streamed are so compressed and for me, it spoils the initial first listen.
Carpathian

Post by Carpathian »

Loopz wrote:No problem - thanks for the information :)

If i get the nod from those up above then we can put back on the forum. Until then, let's not even go there :)
No problem - I wasn't so much trying to sway you into putting it back on (I'm being good and waiting for my CD to arrive) but more in case you were worried about the link being used. Just wanted to put your mind at rest.