Is Canada Getting Wonky?

The Music Discussion forum has replaced the old Lyrics and Samples forum and the Live Scene and Music Reviews forum. This forum is used to discuss anything relating to Music including Orbital topics, the live scene including Orbital gigs past, present and future. This section is an ideal place to post your live gigs reviews and album / single reviews. This forum can also be used to discuss Orbital lyrics and samples. The website will never disclose or confirm samples for legal reasons - so this is the next best thing.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

DMPugh
antispam: No
Question: Orbital
Anti Spam: Orbital

Is Canada Getting Wonky?

Post by DMPugh »

I haven't been able to find the album listed on any Canadian websites. Amazon.ca is listing it as being released April 10 for $26.77, and is listed as an import.

I'm really hoping to avoid iTunes. Preferably I would like to buy the album in flac format, but I suppose I wouldn't mind buying the cd either. I sort of wish Orbital would just host the album on this site so I could buy from them directly!
vvt23
Novice
Anti Spam: orbital

Re: Is Canada Getting Wonky?

Post by vvt23 »

You should be able to get it from Juno or other online music stores to avoid itunes.

Think they do FLAC files.
DMPugh

Post by DMPugh »

So I was considering buying Wonky from Juno to get them in wav format, but I decided I'd rather spend less money and get the iTunes version, which has the bonus disc.

However, last night around midnight, Wonky was taken off iTunes! It is now 12:30pm here in Ontario, Canada, and Wonky is no where to be found. :cry:

Really hope this gets sorted by the time I get home from work tonight. I want nothing more than to listen to this album in its entirety with my modded Sennheiser 555s!
rubicon

Post by rubicon »

I had pre-orderd Wonky on I-tunes , and I have e-mailed I-tunes a letter on how upset I was on the removal of Wonky .
If anyone has found a way to get the 2 disk album or has found a way to down-load it please send me a link .
DMPugh

Post by DMPugh »

Yeah for now I'm listening to Wonky via download acquired through alternative means. It's very disappointing that the Canadian (and US?) release of this album is being handled so poorly. I really want to support the Hartnolls because the album is amazing, but I'm literally being given no options to do so. I can't believe iTunes removed it from their store.
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

Not sure of release dates state-side, but i do know it's coming. Will try and find out.
DMPugh

Post by DMPugh »

Much appreciated, Loopz!
AceDog

Post by AceDog »

I pre-ordered the album quite some time ago when iTunes indicated that the release date was Apr 2. They modified it at the last minute so that it couldn't be downloaded on that date. Cross checking with Amazon suggested that the album would be released today, but apparently this was also false. I, too, would like to get an official date for this album's release in Canada. Please and thank you!
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

April 17th release date stateside
AceDog

Post by AceDog »

Thanks for the update! I appreciate having a discrete date so I'm not wearing out my iTunes waiting for it to let me download.

BTW, stateside? You're making this Canadian cry a little... ;)
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

a music industry phrase sorry :)
rubicon

Post by rubicon »

The US now can buy Wonky but sadly no wonky for the Canucks .
AceDog

Post by AceDog »

rubicon wrote:The US now can buy Wonky but sadly no wonky for the Canucks .
True story. Just checked iTunes and my pre-order still isn't available. What a tease! :roll
almo

Post by almo »

Confirmed again. :(
AceDog

Post by AceDog »

It's late afternoon on the 18th and iTunes still doesn't have the album available to Canadians (well, this Canadian anyway). I know we are a small market but it's starting to feel like Canadians are being marginalized. :( Any news on if this an error?