Live Set Up

The Music Discussion forum has replaced the old Lyrics and Samples forum and the Live Scene and Music Reviews forum. This forum is used to discuss anything relating to Music including Orbital topics, the live scene including Orbital gigs past, present and future. This section is an ideal place to post your live gigs reviews and album / single reviews. This forum can also be used to discuss Orbital lyrics and samples. The website will never disclose or confirm samples for legal reasons - so this is the next best thing.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

thehitcher
Novice

Live Set Up

Post by thehitcher »

Noticed some changes again and new equipment come in in today's session. What did you notice? I picked up on-
-no Jupiter,must be first time since at least 94. Maybe it will be back for the tour.
-I think there was 3 iPads in for the jazz mutants. Wonder what apps they used....?
-looked like a native instruments maschine but I maybe wrong
Lex
antispam: No
Question: Orbital
Anti Spam: Orbital

Re: Live Set Up

Post by Lex »

I heard they were sequencing off the iPads instead of the mmt8's, I wonder what software they are using? Sounds risky to me though mine crashes all of the time.
DvStch
Anti Spam: orbital

Post by DvStch »

There's a tempest on the front there... http://www.davesmithinstruments.com/products/tempest/ i really wanna know about the touch screens, (ipads?) brave move....
Sysagent

Post by Sysagent »

Hi,

Looks of what I coud see from the coverage that they might be using the Genome MIDI Sequencer on the iPads...

As for synths, there was a Jupiter 4 up there in place of the Jupiter 8 that is usually sat in that position on the rack, a Roland TB303, Roland 909, by the sounds of things a Roland SH101 tucked out of sight and in the back right was the Macbeth M5N semi modular synth.

Saw the Tempest drum machine, a Virus, uncertain what the synth module was on the bottom right but it was prety fat, I also noticed that there was a laptop perched under the Macbeth Synth as well.

Sys
JIMBO
Saint

Post by JIMBO »

There are at least four, possibly five iPads in that set up.

Orbital have always used a Jupiter 6, not Jupiter 8. Can't see a Virus (the unit next to the Macbeth isn't a Virus) Can't see a Jupiter 4 either - the Macbeth is sitting in Pauls regular Jupiter spot. Do you mean the Sh02 which seems to have replaced the SH09 on Phils side of things? Never thought I'd see either of those two go - half the leads lines for Impact and so on are the Jupes!

I think the Moogs used on the last tour are still on the under racks. Hard to tell. Could even be a Minitaur. Lots of analogue loveliness in their racks at the moment.
thehitcher
Novice

Post by thehitcher »

I watched it again and their definitely looks like its 5/6 iPads instead of the two jazz mutant lemurs. The novation will probably control ableton on the mac pro. The andromeda looks to have gone. I'm pretty sure it's a sh09. Bet the Jupiter comes back for the tour, though not sure where the Macbeth will go,which looks to be used a lot more this time. What's the other white one at Paul's side(next to the Macbeth) and the thing Phil switches at he start of straight sun? Hope they put some pics on again like last time.
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

4 iPads....
JIMBO
Saint

Post by JIMBO »

Cheers Loopz

Seems to have too many rotary pots for an Sh-09 Hitcher. The SH-09 only has two on the top row - this has four. Could be some weird mod but I doubt it.

Terrifying to see TWO Andromedas vanish. If you aren't using them boys...
Karnorjax
Oolaa

Post by Karnorjax »

I recon one of the Ipads is for Angry birds thou...
Is there anyone there ??????? IS THERE ANYONE THERE !!!!!
legspin
Open Mind

Post by legspin »

Karnorjax wrote:I recon one of the Ipads is for Angry birds thou...
I didn't know the Lads were into Militant Feminism...

coat, please
Be Pure, Be Vigilant, BEHAVE.