Orbital on BBC6 ALL day this Friday (16th March)

The Music Discussion forum has replaced the old Lyrics and Samples forum and the Live Scene and Music Reviews forum. This forum is used to discuss anything relating to Music including Orbital topics, the live scene including Orbital gigs past, present and future. This section is an ideal place to post your live gigs reviews and album / single reviews. This forum can also be used to discuss Orbital lyrics and samples. The website will never disclose or confirm samples for legal reasons - so this is the next best thing.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

geedub

Re: Orbital on BBC6 ALL day this Friday (16th March)

Post by geedub »

Badger wrote:Crap! How many actually got in then?
I think the guy on the door said I was number 132...and the last in. Even with that few inside I couldn't really see anything from the back because there was no raised stage, but at least the screen was helpful.
Sysagent
antispam: No
Question: Orbital
Anti Spam: Orbital

Post by Sysagent »

Hi,

OK third time lucky I guess...

Managed to salvage an half decent recording from the video clip on the 6 Music website.

I have then spliced the Audio from the radio coverage in front of the Beelzedub track so I have more or less the entire set apart from Sad But True which doesn't seem to be anywhere to stick in the recording.

The real issue is that the Radio audio is massively compressed and the video one isnt, I have tried to normalise the levels as much as possible, but there is bound to be some difference apparent dynamics wise, also the Radio audio seems to be at a higher bit rate, I have struggled here with the best of a bad job I think.

What I NEED is an entire set from the Radio stream that I can grab in Soundforge and make the best of it.

Sys
Vadertech
Novice

Post by Vadertech »

That was my first time hearing "One Big Moment" and it was incredible. I haven't felt like that since hearing Way Out for the first time back in 2001. The album is sounding more and more promising. Up there with Sniv possibly.
Shanky, shanky Jose!
legspin
Open Mind

Post by legspin »

Vadertech wrote:That was my first time hearing "One Big Moment" and it was incredible. I haven't felt like that since hearing Way Out for the first time back in 2001. The album is sounding more and more promising. Up there with Sniv possibly.
I thought the same. I've listened a few times now and it only gets better.
I was slightly disappointed with Beezledub, not because it's shite or summat ('coz it's not), but because I had actually heard it before and didn't know it was what it was.
Be Pure, Be Vigilant, BEHAVE.
Pirtek
Sinner

Post by Pirtek »

I was slightly disappointed with Beezledub, not because it's shite or summat ('coz it's not), but because I had actually heard it before and didn't know it was what it was.
The album version is amazing!!! :twisted:
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

I thought the live version sounded more interesting than the studio version. :)
PJxr2

Post by PJxr2 »

So has anyone managed to record the set and make it downloadable for ipod play back yet? having watched it back on youtube I think this should be the soundtrack to my life until the album is realeased!!

P.S.
See you at the Cambridge Corn Exchange if you're going.

P.
Today we will send over 300 billion e-mails, 19 billion text messages, Yet, we’ll still feel alone.

The average person will say 2,250 words to 7.4 other individuals,

Will these words be used to hurt? Or to heal?