The Gun Is Good Lyric

The Music Discussion forum has replaced the old Lyrics and Samples forum and the Live Scene and Music Reviews forum. This forum is used to discuss anything relating to Music including Orbital topics, the live scene including Orbital gigs past, present and future. This section is an ideal place to post your live gigs reviews and album / single reviews. This forum can also be used to discuss Orbital lyrics and samples. The website will never disclose or confirm samples for legal reasons - so this is the next best thing.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

BioEve
antispam: No
Question: Orbital
Anti Spam: Orbital

The Gun Is Good Lyric

Post by BioEve »

Hello!
I hope someone can help me!

I search trough this forum and in general in the web and I cannot find the lyric for "the gun is good".

Anyone can help me ?

Thanks in advance :)
Kinder

Re: The Gun Is Good Lyric

Post by Kinder »

"The gun is good. The penis is evil. The penis shoots seeds, and makes new life to poison the Earth with a plague of men, as once it was, but the gun shoots death, and purifies the Earth of the filth of brutals. Go forth and kill!"

[Removed source]
Wickerman
Novice

Post by Wickerman »

I always wonder if anyone's tried to make a full transcription of the samples from 'I Wish I Had Duck Feet'. There are just so many things going on in that track that I'm still noticing something new everytime I listen to it!
Kinder

Post by Kinder »

Wickerman wrote:I always wonder if anyone's tried to make a full transcription of the samples from 'I Wish I Had Duck Feet'. There are just so many things going on in that track that I'm still noticing something new everytime I listen to it!
...and here's Priscilla, the monkey girl... :)
TheEmbryo
Novice

Post by TheEmbryo »

Heh, me too. I've listened to that track hundreds of times over the last 10 years or so and I still hear new things now and then.

It was a good few years before I even worked out that the stretched-out female vocal is saying "Cccccoooossssmmmmeeettttiiiiiccccc sssssuuuuurrrrrgggggeeeerrrryyyy"
Iced

Post by Iced »

Cosmetic? I hear it as plastic.
Pirtek
Sinner

Post by Pirtek »

I hear it as plastic as well.
usernick
Detached

Post by usernick »

Sounds like Cosmetic Surgery to me - she even repeats it later on in the song... :)

8)
Kyblik
Sinner

Post by Kyblik »

i think i have I Wish I Had Duck Feet lyrics somewhere, so i will look and post them here :)
usernick
Detached

Post by usernick »

From a 1997 post on xmission:

-----

The man is going on about a circus show.."If everybody will step on up to the front, we're going to have a freak show! We're going to bring some of the strange people out so you can see them and have them perform for you. So please, step on up, let the children right on up front....here you're going to see the worlds smallest married couple: the alligator-skinned man..." and so forth.

The woman is talking about plastic surgery and other things like that: "Breast implantation is now a safe and successful procedure..." the long drawn out vocals is when the lady says "c o s m e t i c s u r g e r y may be just what you're looking for." You can probably figure the whole "message" of the song from there...hope that clears everything up.

----

8)
Wickerman
Novice

Post by Wickerman »

I've always thought it was a clever idea for a track, and love the clash of samples. Hoping for a lot more spoken word samples on the next album.

Never managed to decipher the stretched out voice before, so thanks! It's troubled me for years. Not just because I didn't know what it was saying, but because I always find something wonderfully unsettling about it. Orbital do creepy very well. 'In Sides' is the best for that. Such an evocative album - like the best sci-fi/horror film never made.
No73

Post by No73 »

Sampling is from the movie "Zardoz" from 1974 with, among others Sean Connery in the lead role.

I do not remember what movie the continued sampling "God is not interested in technology" is from.
I know I've seen the movie but have forgotten what movie. :(
Anyone?

Anyway, it's a damn good song
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

Time Bandits :)
No73