WARP20 Box Set

The Music Discussion forum has replaced the old Lyrics and Samples forum and the Live Scene and Music Reviews forum. This forum is used to discuss anything relating to Music including Orbital topics, the live scene including Orbital gigs past, present and future. This section is an ideal place to post your live gigs reviews and album / single reviews. This forum can also be used to discuss Orbital lyrics and samples. The website will never disclose or confirm samples for legal reasons - so this is the next best thing.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

Loopz
Site Admin
Question: Orbital

WARP20 Box Set

Post by Loopz »

Orbital are not the only ones celebrating 20 years! Warp Records, who have imho delivered some of the most amazing music, are releasing a really cool Box Set...

To commemorate our 20th anniversary, we will release a deluxe special-edition of music and art, titled Warp20 (Box Set).

The package features new songs, older previously unreleased material from Warp artists, tracks selected as some of his personal favorites by co-founder Steve Beckett and the top ten pieces voted for by Warp fans on Warp20.net. It also includes a beautifully produced book showcasing the label’s rich design history, along with an exclusive hour-long mix and a locked-groove vinyl set.

Read on for more details.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WARP20 (BOX SET) CONTENTS:

Warp20 (Box Set) comes beautifully packaged in a 10 inch square slipcase wrapped in charcoal Buckram embossed paper with tipped-on gloss-laminated cover photograph, designed by YES, photographed by Dan Holdsworth.

Warp20 (1989-2009) The Complete Catalogue: 192 page book
10” square, 192 page full-colour, perfect-bound book. The complete-ist’s dream – a catalogue of artwork of every Warp release from its inception in 1989 to August 2009. Includes artwork from over 400 sleeves including work by the Designers Republic, Julian House, Build, Universal Everything and Kim Hiorthøy amongst others. Foreword by Warp co-founder Steve Beckett. Black un-coated board cover with debossed and foiled typography.

Warp20 (Chosen): Double CD album
The definitive best of Warp on 2 x CDs. Ten songs chosen by you (Warp20.net), ten songs chosen by Warp co-founder Steve Beckett. Packaged in deluxe case-bound 10” folder, exclusive to this box set. Your personal messages and memories from Warp20.net featured on pullout poster.

Warp20 (Recreated): Double CD album
2 x CDs featuring twenty brand new cover versions of Warp songs by Warp artists past and present; including tracks by Autechre, Harmonic 313, Jamie Lidell, Plaid, Clark, Maximo Park, Leila, Seefeel, Luke Vibert and more… Packaged in deluxe case-bound 10” folder exclusive to this box set.

Warp20 (Unheard): Triple 10” Vinyl
Secret treasures newly rediscovered from the Warp vaults. Unheard and rare tracks by Boards of Canada, Autechre, Broadcast, Elecktroids and others cut to 3 x 10” vinyl. Housed in uncoated card sleeves with debossed typography. Vinyl exclusive to Warp20 (Box Set).

Warp20 (Elemental): CD album
Specially-commissioned hour long piece by re-edit master Osymyso, made from sections, samples, and fragments of Warp music from the last 20 years. Exclusive to Warp20 (Box Set) and packaged in deluxe case bound 10” folder.

Warp20 (Infinite): Double 10” Vinyl
2 x 10” vinyl cuts of hand-picked locked-groove loops from Warp tracks. Four sides of loops for mixing fun. Exclusive to Warp20 (Box Set) and housed in uncoated card sleeves with debossed covers.

Full details here
usernick
Detached
antispam: No
Anti Spam: Orbital

Re: WARP20 Box Set

Post by usernick »

Pre-ordered - looking forward to the Osymyso mix! 8)
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

i've just found out that Kim Hiorthøy is playing live at the Supersonic Festival here in sunny bham! Mr Hexaphim got me into his music!

If you spot the tracklisting for the Warp 20 then can you let me know! I'm just waiting for the announcement of the Warp 20 party in London...
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

CONFIRMED TRACKLISTING

Warp20 (Chosen)

Double CD. Presented in deluxe case-bound 10" folder, exclusively packaged for this box set. Fan messages to appear on pull-out poster.

Disc 1: As chosen by fans on Warp20.net

01. Aphex Twin 'Windowlicker' (6.08)
02. Boards Of Canada 'Roygbiv' (2:31)
03. Squarepusher 'My Red Hot Car' (4:19)
04. Battles 'Atlas' (7:07)
05. LFO 'LFO (Leeds Warehouse Mix)' (5:19)
06. Plaid 'Eyen' (4:20)
07. Luke Vibert 'I Love Acid' (4:19)
08. Autechre 'Gantz Graf' (3:58)
09. Jimmy Edgar 'I Wanna Be Your STD' (5:04)
10. Clark 'Herzog' (4:23)

Disc 2: As chosen by Warp co-founder Steve Beckett

01. Broadcast 'Tender Buttons' (2:52)
02. Squarepusher 'My Sound' (6:07)
03. Boards Of Canada 'Amo Bishop Roden' (6:16)
04. Battles 'Race : Out' (3:30)
05. Flying Lotus 'GNG BNG' (3:39)
06. Black Dog Productions - Xeper 'Carceres Ex Novum' (6:43)
07. Nightmares On Wax 'I'm For Real' (6:19)
08. Mike Ink 'Paroles (Original)' (5:34)
09. Aphex Twin 'Bucephalus Bouncing Ball' (5:45)
10. Jamie Lidell 'Daddy's Car' (4:06)
11. Squarepusher/AFX 'Freeman Hardy & Willis Acid' (5:43)
12. Seefeel 'Spangle' (7:21)
13. Autechre 'Drane' (10.52)

Warp20 (Recreated)

Double CD. Presented in deluxe case-bound 10" folder, exclusively packaged for this box set.

Disc 1

01. Born Ruffians 'Milkman/To Cure A Weakling Child' (Originals by Aphex Twin) (5:30)
02. Jimi Tenor 'Japanese Electronics' (Original by Elecktroids) (5:25)
03. Tim Exile 'A Little Bit More' (Original by Jamie Lidell) (4:03)
04. Rustie ' Midnight Drive' (Original by Elecktroids) (3:37)
05. Luke Vibert 'LFO' (Original by LFO) (5:47)
06. Autechre 'What Is House? (LFO Remix)' (Original by LFO) (4:25)
07. Russell Haswell 'Cabasa Cabasa' (Original by Wild Planet) (4:59)
08. Clark 'So Malleable' (Original by Milanese) (4:57)
09. Diamond Watch Wrists 'Fool In Rain' (Original by Pivot) (5:29)
10. Hudson Mohawke ft. Wensday Night 'Paint The Stars' (Original by Jimi Tenor) (3:04)

Disc 2

11 Mark Pritchard '3/4 Heart' (Original by Balil - Black Dog Productions) (7:12)
12. Mira Calix with Oliver Coates 'In A Beautiful Place Out In The Country' (Original by Boards Of Canada) (6:16)
13. Pivot 'Colorado' (Original by Grizzly Bear) (4:13)
14. Bibio 'Kaini Industries' (Original by Boards Of Canada) (3:40)
15. Jamie Lidell 'Little Brother' (Original by Grizzly Bear) (4:41)
16. Leila 'Vordhosbn' (Original by Aphex Twin) (5:00)
17. John Callaghan 'Phylactery' (Based on Tilapia by Autechre) (5:34)
18. Gravenhurst 'I Found The F' (Original by Broadcast) (3:25)
19. Plaid 'On My Bus' (Original by Plone) (4:15)
20. Seefeel 'Acrobat' (Original by Maximo Park) (4:02)

Warp20 (Unheard)

Triple 10" Vinyl. Housed in uncoated card sleeves with debossed typography. (Unheard) will initially only be available in Warp20 (Box Set). Vinyl version will always remain exclusive to this edition.

10" 1

A1. Boards of Canada 'Seven Forty Seven' (8:36)
B1. Autechre 'Oval Moon (IBC mx)' (7:18)
B2. Clark 'Rattlesnake' (2:01)

10" 2

C1. Plaid 'Dett' (5:08)
C2. Elecktroids 'Elecktroids Bonus Circuit' (2:48)
D1. Flying Lotus 'Tronix' (3:45)
D2. Nightmares On Wax 'Biofeedback Dub' (5:14)

10" 3

E1. Plaid 'Sam Lac Run' (4:00)
E2. Nightmares On Wax 'Mega Donutz Dub' (5:15)
F1. Broadcast 'Sixty Forty' (4:31)
F2. Seefeel 'As Link' (3:12)

Some tasty tracks on there. Always like new Plaid, BoC, Autechre and Clark. Quite excited to see Autechre have remixed LFO's "What is house?" and even more delighted to see Plone are remixed by Plaid. A perfect combination ! :) An exciting release from warp! hurrah
Hexaphim
LC1

Post by Hexaphim »

Loopz wrote:i've just found out that Kim Hiorthøy is playing live at the Supersonic Festival here in sunny bham! Mr Hexaphim got me into his music!

If you spot the tracklisting for the Warp 20 then can you let me know! I'm just waiting for the announcement of the Warp 20 party in London...
I have no idea who this Kim Hiorthøy is. :P Is he in Xploding Plastix?
The Hex

Some people don't get the Transformers. It's simple. They're big robots. And they change into things. And they fight. This is beautiful and mad. If you do not get this, there is something missing in your soul. - Paul O'Brien
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

does that mean i am crediting you for something you havent actually done! :) He is Norwegian ;) bit like John Carew :)
Kansler
Sinner

Post by Kansler »

"06. Autechre 'What Is House? (LFO Remix)' (Original by LFO) (4:25)"

can't frigging wait! :D
It's a piece of cake to bake a pretty cake
usernick
Detached

Post by usernick »

Hexaphim wrote:
Loopz wrote:i've just found out that Kim Hiorthøy is playing live at the Supersonic Festival here in sunny bham! Mr Hexaphim got me into his music!

I have no idea who this Kim Hiorthøy is. :P Is he in Xploding Plastix?
Ah, on Smalltown Supersound label (same label as "Toy" - quality band, highly recommend the album).

(Edit: Toy's new album is due to be released in 2009, and both Kim Hiorthøy and Lindstrtøm will be at the Big Chill this year)!

8)
memly
Meltdown

Post by memly »

I really want this but I have spent far too much money on midi stuff that I cant justify this purchase...
It looks so shiny and lovely with a damn good tracklist.
I don't know you people...why are you here?
MEMS MUZAK
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

Kim Hiorthøy is at Supersonic Festival @ Custard Factory...at the end of this month :)
the PLA
Sinner

Post by the PLA »

memly wrote:I really want this but I have spent far too much money on midi stuff that I cant justify this purchase...
It looks so shiny and lovely with a damn good tracklist.

I'm really trying to gather the money together for this. It does look wonderful.
OUT
OF
STEP