General Orb News Thread

The Music Discussion forum has replaced the old Lyrics and Samples forum and the Live Scene and Music Reviews forum. This forum is used to discuss anything relating to Music including Orbital topics, the live scene including Orbital gigs past, present and future. This section is an ideal place to post your live gigs reviews and album / single reviews. This forum can also be used to discuss Orbital lyrics and samples. The website will never disclose or confirm samples for legal reasons - so this is the next best thing.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

hippy dave
Meltdown

Post by hippy dave »

davemacfrombath wrote:Anyone with no Orb stuff should just F Off.
:shock:
dance your cares away, worries for another day
davemacfrombath
The Moebius
Question: Orbital

Post by davemacfrombath »

hippy dave wrote:
davemacfrombath wrote:Anyone with no Orb stuff should just F Off.
:shock:
OY! I can tell people to f off withoot your help, thanks! <tongue oot>
Slugs! HE created slugs! They can't hear. They can't speak. They can't operate machinery. Are we not in the hands of a lunatic?
shadyboy
Oolaa
antispam: No
Anti Spam: Orbital

Post by shadyboy »

Sitting bored oot mah tits and found this from their management web site.

The Orb are busy as ever in the studio working on new material, the focus of which is new orb material due for release in the spring next year. dr lx paterson is working on this with long-time orbster youth, and tim bran (dreadzone).
Love is wise, hatred is foolish.....
Barrydark
Novice

Post by Barrydark »

Hmmmm

As a lifelong Orb fan, I can only say that I was bloody dissapointed by their show at KoKo in September. Shit soundsystem, and pretty scrappy set. Dick all early stuff too......
shadyboy
Oolaa

Post by shadyboy »

From the Malicious Damage mailer.....
orbsessions volume two is also under construction and will be released in june... all the tracks have been selected - 80 minutes of wonderful stuff from the spherical archives in equally wonderful packaging... :applause
usernick
Detached

Post by usernick »

Orbsessions Volume One is being reissued on 5th March, minus "Pluto Calling" (which Jimmy Cauty apparently says is more of a KLF track...), but with the addition of an unreleased track called "Angel 3 Dub"...

Damn, I'm going to have to buy one of the new versions.... :)
philmanns
Sinner

Post by philmanns »

well the okie dokie album he did with thomas fehlmann was bollocks,i listened to it once. lets hope working with youth will re-vitalise things. and of course some dreadzone influence can only be a good thing. also re live shows, the last one i went to in brighton with fehlmann was also very disappointing, bring back the simon philipps / witchman lineup i reckon.
usernick
Detached

Post by usernick »

philmanns wrote:well the okie dokie album he did with thomas fehlmann was bollocks,i listened to it once. lets hope working with youth will re-vitalise things. and of course some dreadzone influence can only be a good thing. also re live shows, the last one i went to in brighton with fehlmann was also very disappointing, bring back the simon philipps / witchman lineup i reckon.
Completely 100% agree - Okie Dokie is crap, so much so that I didn't bother going to the London Koko show....

The Transit Kings album, however, is superb....

On the horizon (as well as album with Youth and Orbsessions 2) is a Rootmasters album (LX & Nina Walsh - she sang on Once More and Sail) - hopefully these I can listen to more than once! 8)
shadyboy
Oolaa

Post by shadyboy »

usernick wrote:
The Transit Kings album, however, is superb....

On the horizon (as well as album with Youth and Orbsessions 2) is a Rootmasters album (LX & Nina Walsh - she sang on Once More and Sail) - hopefully these I can listen to more than once! 8)
Thought the TK album was crap....LX needs to get talking to Thrash again and get the classic line up back.

BTW it was Aki Omori that sang on Once More and Sail - Nina did the vocals on Ghostdancing & Plum Island. :)
usernick
Detached

Post by usernick »

shadyboy wrote:
usernick wrote:BTW it was Aki Omori that sang on Once More and Sail - Nina did the vocals on Ghostdancing & Plum Island. :)
Very true - the tracks she collaborated on Orbsessions were "Something Like" and "Steel Horse"

BTW, Rootmasters have a Myspace site here
usernick
Detached

Post by usernick »

Transit Kings podcast at http://www.transitkings.com/TransitKing ... casts.html in Video and Audio Format.

Also...

ORBSESSIONS VOLUME TWO - READY AND IN PRODUCTION!!
RELEASE DATE 04.06.07
at last the second volume of the orbsessions trilogy has been compiled and mastered and designed... it's another manic dip into the archives and ranges from spherical bliss to orbular madness... featuring paterson, fehlmann, roedelius, hughes, vin100 and youth... and of course the regular luscious malicious packaging... and there'll be a double vinyl too...
tracklisting: D.A.D.O.E.S?, ralph's cupboard, 2026, shem, shem version, it's a small world, the giant bolster, ba'albeck, jam on your honey, kidnap, angel 4 matrix
turtle running time: 1:15:58

Finally, the LSD Recordings Myspace site says that a new double Orb album will be out this year! :D
trompurple
HOAX

Post by trompurple »

fantastic :D thanks nick :applause
Mashed Potatoes? Why do hate mashed potatoes? (It's a hoax, I don't really hate them)
usernick
Detached

Post by usernick »

Looks like September 2007 might be a date to put into the diary...

http://www.theorb.com/

(at least the page has changed)! :lol:
trompurple
HOAX

Post by trompurple »

I've already got September in my diary.
Mashed Potatoes? Why do hate mashed potatoes? (It's a hoax, I don't really hate them)
tcb2000
Adnan

Post by tcb2000 »

trompurple wrote:I've already got September in my diary.
Me too. And October, November and December.

To be honest, I'd feel a bit cheated if they weren't in there.

Rich
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator