Acid Casuals - Omni

The Music Discussion forum has replaced the old Lyrics and Samples forum and the Live Scene and Music Reviews forum. This forum is used to discuss anything relating to Music including Orbital topics, the live scene including Orbital gigs past, present and future. This section is an ideal place to post your live gigs reviews and album / single reviews. This forum can also be used to discuss Orbital lyrics and samples. The website will never disclose or confirm samples for legal reasons - so this is the next best thing.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

memly
Meltdown
antispam: No
Question: Orbital
Anti Spam: Orbital

Acid Casuals - Omni

Post by memly »

Is anyone else digging this.

I cant stop listening to it. The only problem I have with the album is that it is too short.

A quick review from the BBC website:

Anyone with more than a passing interest in Super Furry Animals ought to know the name Acid Casuals, although whether they know them as SFA's on-tour chefs, a Cardiff clothing boutique, or purveyors of banging techno 12"s depends very much on where you stumbled across them first.

On Omni, however, they're none of the above. Here, AC - presently honed down to a duo of SFA keysman Cian Ciaran and ex-Big Leaves bassman Kev Tame - use downbeat electronica as a launch pad to explore their diverse musical fascinations. 132a Column Road comes on like a lost John Barry score, swoops of cello melded to Orbital-style synths, while the Gallic-tinged J.T 100% builds on the melody of a lone accordion.

Hang on till Bowl Me Over, though - a beautiful closing vocal track that appears to share the Furries' distaste for parochial Little Britishness: "Those white cliffs of Dover/Mean nothing to me whatsoever..."

Was quite amused to see the Orbital reference there, although its a link I would not have made.
I'm sure there are a few of you out there that would like this album.
Its already got me totally hooked...

BTW their Tee shirt designs are rather good too.

If you get a chance to listen to it, Track 1 is by far the weakest and in no way a good representation of the album in full.

Thanks

Paul Gambamemly

I don't know you people...why are you here?
MEMS MUZAK