What's The Last Film You Watched?

The General Discussion forum has been setup to enable any kind of non-music discussions between the visitors of the website.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

Willsy
The Moebius
Question: Orbital

Post by Willsy »

hippy dave wrote:the bourne identity (the first one of the trilogy)
is good. i saw this in the cinema when it came out (bloody years ago), but never saw the second, so i'm watching that tomorrow. all because i've been invited to see the new (third) one at the cinema on wednesday - altho now that might not happen as my mate is ill with a shitty headache etc and might not want to face the cinema. ho hum.
A headache that shits...sounds awful mate!!

N.P. Blades of Glory - thought I'd fall aboot laughing, instead I just fell asleep. (I was drunk though)
"You know, just simple lines intertwining, you know, very much like - I'm really influenced by Mozart and Bach, and it's sort of in between those, really. It's like a Mach piece, really"
Nigel Tufnel talking about his song "Lick My Love Pump" - This Is Spinal Tap.

http://www.myspace.com/willsydesignuk
Willsy
The Moebius

Post by Willsy »

Shooter - Not bad actually, really enjoyed this film. Mark Walberg is a cool chappy!
"You know, just simple lines intertwining, you know, very much like - I'm really influenced by Mozart and Bach, and it's sort of in between those, really. It's like a Mach piece, really"

Dollydagger
Open Mind

Post by Dollydagger »

Finally got around to watching Swordfish after various recommendations. Was ok, but not really my thing, all a bit high-tech nerdy and totally OTT and unbelievable.

Re-watched Crash again yesterday, now that film is fantastic - fascinating stories, very well made and superbly acted.
I don't use Myspace anymore, you'll find me on Facebook ;-b
Dog
Detached
antispam: No
Anti Spam: Orbital

Post by Dog »

'Swordfish' IS believable if you strip away all the glitz, glamour, OTT action and believe that the American government is funding terrorist activities to justify it's huge defence budget etc. THAT is the believable part.
"Gimme the sight to see
another world outside that's full of
all the broken things that I made"
Willsy
The Moebius

Post by Willsy »

The Number 23...

I can honestly say after watching this I was looking for things that equate to 23...I'm fascinated by the 23 enigma.

For instance, the blinds infront of the patio doors - 23

Good film though, would watch again. Jim Carrey plays the serious role very well.

Dollydagger
Open Mind

Post by Dollydagger »

Goodbye Bafana @ the weekend.

Denzel Washinggton plays a (bit too tall) Mandela and Joseph Fiennes plays his prsion guard of 20 years. The film is based on the prison guard's real-life memoirs. He starts off an entrenched racist and by the end @ Mandela's release he is full of love and admiration for him. A slightly slow-moving film (that has to cover a lot of years), that charts the guards gradual change of heart and his eyes opening to the attrocities of the apartheid system.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0438859/
memly
Meltdown

Post by memly »

I wonder why Denzel decided to play Mendela as a tall guy?
Strange. They should have got Forest Whittaker to play him as a fat guy...

:roll:

I watched Lord of the Rings last night. Didnt mean to, just started watching it while I was cooking then ended up watching the whole thing.
Elijah Wood plays a great (if too small) hobbit.
I don't know you people...why are you here?
MEMS MUZAK
Dollydagger
Open Mind

Post by Dollydagger »

Memly :P

It has been pointed out to me that it is not in fact Denzel Washington but Dennis Haysbert playing Mandela. I'm ashamed to admit that I possess a slightly dodgy copy :oops: of the film and it actually says Denzel Washington on the front!! :roll:
Kvagga
Omen

Post by Kvagga »

I think the movie I saw last was Crash. I did like it, but I hated the fact that they had to have one of those moody sessions in the end, similar to a lot of Lost episodes, where there's boring music on the background and people are just filmed doing nothing, pretending to look very submerged in their thoughts. That whole thing has probably became my most hated cliché recently...

Before Crash, I saw Midnight Express and thought it was absolutely brilliant, even if very xenophobic and even downright racist against Turks (who by the way, through my own experience, are some of the friendliest people ever).

And before Midnight Express, I watched Sin Eater and was happily surprised by it. I thought it was going to be a complete crapfest, and I do admit that the effects were bad and the acting wasn't great, but the plot I found to be actually quite good and interesting.
custard99
Omen
Location: planet hottie near the equator makes this duckie's tail all warped & bothered!

Post by custard99 »

Last saw ratatouille ........... love it ;)
Quack! Dip, sip & Go!! Or, just do the kitty shake.

memly
Meltdown

Post by memly »

Well. Having had the last few days off of work to recover from the rather splendid "Bestival" I managed to watch all episodes of Star Wars back to back without falling asleep (even through Attack of the Clones) which really amplified how much superior the original 3 were.

Watched 28 weeks later as well. Really enjoyed it although it seemed to be over very quickly.
MEMS MUZAK
memly
Meltdown

Post by memly »

Rat Race :- Bloody Awful.

Kung Fu Hustle :- Bloody great. I love this film.
MEMS MUZAK
Dollydagger
Open Mind

Post by Dollydagger »

On sunday night I watched that Nick Broomfield film, Ghosts.
It's a dramatisation based on the true story of the cockle pickers that drowned in Moorcambe bay. Gritty & sad.
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

yeah i love Kung Fu Hustle too :)

I finally watched "Pan's Labyrinth" the other night. Twas beautiful, very dark and a very original film.

Dog
Detached

Post by Dog »

'Children of Men'. Pretty original stuff, very nicely made too.
"Gimme the sight to see
another world outside that's full of
all the broken things that I made"