What's The Last Film You Watched?

The General Discussion forum has been setup to enable any kind of non-music discussions between the visitors of the website.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

hippy dave
Meltdown

Post by hippy dave »

oh yeah jarhead, i liked that - might watch it again some time, thanks for the reminder :)
saw bad boys on tv last night, still good fun.
dance your cares away, worries for another day
Acid Gaz
Sinner
Question: Orbital

Post by Acid Gaz »

memly wrote:Last night I watched:
The Wicker Man - never seen it before, heard a lot about it, it lived upto the hype. Wonderfully creepy with a huge emphasis on the folk music.
A classic indeed.

In fact, I was reminded of it recently when I listened to the Erol Alkan 'Bugged Out Mix/Bugged In Selection' CD, which includes the Wicker Man track where Britt is doing her 'sexy dance' whilst banging on the walls and door to freak out Edward Woodward.

Ahhh, teenage memories from when I first saw it...
Dog
Detached
antispam: No
Anti Spam: Orbital

Post by Dog »

Last things I watched were 'Transformers', just to see if it really was as bad as I thought it was (and yes, it was) and then today it was 'Jarhead', because it's a bloody great film...
"Gimme the sight to see
another world outside that's full of
all the broken things that I made"
Hexaphim
LC1

Post by Hexaphim »

I saw the Simpsons movie. Quite disappointing. It started out funny, then became less and less so pretty quickly.
The Hex

Some people don't get the Transformers. It's simple. They're big robots. And they change into things. And they fight. This is beautiful and mad. If you do not get this, there is something missing in your soul. - Paul O'Brien
jessopjessopjessop
LC1

Post by jessopjessopjessop »

Need I say more...
Film fact - they are not her tits. A body double was used!
Jake unpronouncable surname is a bloody good actor.
Jee-len-haal.

I wasn't too keen on Jarhead. I know the point was that nothing really happened to them, highlighting the futility of war, but it seemed to be almost celebrating the life of a soldier. Mixed messages I think.
Fact x Importance = News
Dog
Detached

Post by Dog »

Last 2 films:

Hot Fuzz - Stupid, over the top, exaggerated and incredibly hilarious and brilliant!!!

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - Bloody hellfire, how dark is this? Very cool film.
"Gimme the sight to see
Willsy
The Moebius

Post by Willsy »

Just watched Clerks 2 again before i give it back to my mate...really enjoyed it even more the 2nd time round.

Yesterday I dug out Fast and The Furious Tokyo drift as I knew my neighbours were out so the volume could rise! Tat film but great cars, not a patch on the 1st though which is still one of my most watched movies of recent times just to hear the sound of the cars if for nothing else.

Friday was Hot Fuzz evening, I still am of the opinion that Shaun of the dead was better but still very good none the less!
"You know, just simple lines intertwining, you know, very much like - I'm really influenced by Mozart and Bach, and it's sort of in between those, really. It's like a Mach piece, really"
Nigel Tufnel talking about his song "Lick My Love Pump" - This Is Spinal Tap.

http://www.myspace.com/willsydesignuk
Kvagga
Omen

Post by Kvagga »

Amityville Horror

Awful, awful cliché-fest... Counting those clichés was fun though. :)

And yes, I also have to join in the praisal of The Wicker Man. One of my favourite movies. Saw it on halloween a couple of years back, without knowing anything about it beforehand, and became an instant fan.

Oh and hello again by the way! Long time no post, because of my annual sailing-trips and other excursions... :)
shadyboy
Oolaa

Post by shadyboy »

The Condemned - Stone Cold Steve Austin kicking Vinnie Jones ass all over an island.

So bad it is genius..... 8)
Love is wise, hatred is foolish.....
memly
Meltdown

Post by memly »

"Dude Wheres my Car" last night on Channel 4.
Appalling teen comedy. I must be getting old as I didn't laugh once. I found the whole thing utterly annoying, so I switched over to BBC News 24 8)

Actually I put on "The Office" Christmas specials. I never tire of these episodes.
I don't know you people...why are you here?
MEMS MUZAK
Dog
Detached

Post by Dog »

memly wrote:"Dude Wheres my Car" last night on Channel 4.
Appalling teen comedy. I must be getting old as I didn't laugh once. I found the whole thing utterly annoying, so I switched over to BBC News 24 8)

Actually I put on "The Office" Christmas specials. I never tire of these episodes.
I went to see that in the cinema and I was one of only 3-4 people out of an audience of 40 who actually laughed... It's not without it's charms.

Next up for me is 'Clerks 2'. I have to see it, just to see if it's as bad as I've heard.
"Gimme the sight to see
Dog
Detached

Post by Dog »

...and I laughed hard. Ok, so not Kevin Smith's finest but very funny.
"Gimme the sight to see
Hexaphim
LC1

Post by Hexaphim »

Knocked Up. Very, very funny and kind of sweet, from the people that brought us the 40 Year Old Virgin.
The Hex

Some people don't get the Transformers. It's simple. They're big robots. And they change into things. And they fight. This is beautiful and mad. If you do not get this, there is something missing in your soul. - Paul O'Brien
Karnorjax
Oolaa

Post by Karnorjax »

rush hour 1+2 in order for the misses to go watch rh3

as she hadnt seen them

both fab fun popcorn films

great fun
Is there anyone there ??????? IS THERE ANYONE THERE !!!!!
hippy dave
Meltdown

Post by hippy dave »

the bourne identity (the first one of the trilogy)
is good. i saw this in the cinema when it came out (bloody years ago), but never saw the second, so i'm watching that tomorrow. all because i've been invited to see the new (third) one at the cinema on wednesday - altho now that might not happen as my mate is ill with a shitty headache etc and might not want to face the cinema. ho hum.
dance your cares away, worries for another day