What's The Last Film You Watched?

The General Discussion forum has been setup to enable any kind of non-music discussions between the visitors of the website.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

Willsy
The Moebius
Question: Orbital

Post by Willsy »

Watched 300 the other night - T'was pretty good, visually stunning and I'm not just talking aboot Queen Gorgo!
"You know, just simple lines intertwining, you know, very much like - I'm really influenced by Mozart and Bach, and it's sort of in between those, really. It's like a Mach piece, really"
Nigel Tufnel talking about his song "Lick My Love Pump" - This Is Spinal Tap.

http://www.myspace.com/willsydesignuk
Kvagga
Omen

Post by Kvagga »

Memories

It's an amazing, visually pleasing anime flick from 1995, which is made up of three separate sci-fi stories. I especially enjoyed the middle one, which is about a guy who accidentally turns himself into a deadly biological weapon; it's dark humor at it's best (unlike the other two parts that are more serious).
Karnorjax
Oolaa

Post by Karnorjax »

Kvagga wrote:Memories

It's an amazing, visually pleasing anime flick from 1995, which is made up of three separate sci-fi stories. I especially enjoyed the middle one, which is about a guy who accidentally turns himself into a deadly biological weapon; it's dark humor at it's best (unlike the other two parts that are more serious).
Absolutluy superb Movie.. based on Comic books from Katsuhiro Otomo (of AKIRA Fame ) my fave Jap comics creator He also directed the CANNON FODDER story.. It has a superb soundtrack which I had nearly 10 years before seeing the film. !

Cannon Fodder was a forerunner to STEAMBOY which is one of the most beautiful and detailed Anime ever.
Is there anyone there ??????? IS THERE ANYONE THERE !!!!!
shadyboy
Oolaa
antispam: No
Anti Spam: Orbital

Post by shadyboy »

Got a hold of Grindhouse - Planet Terror and the fake trailers are quality, then you get to Death Proof and it is utter shite.
Love is wise, hatred is foolish.....
custard99
Omen
Location: planet hottie near the equator makes this duckie's tail all warped & bothered!

Post by custard99 »

spiderman, spiderman ... spiderman! Opens tomorrow in planet hot whooohooo and i got my tix booked :)
Quack! Dip, sip & Go!! Or, just do the kitty shake.

Willsy
The Moebius

Post by Willsy »

This is Spinal Tap

Nuff said! :D
"You know, just simple lines intertwining, you know, very much like - I'm really influenced by Mozart and Bach, and it's sort of in between those, really. It's like a Mach piece, really"

madlittleme
Novice

Post by madlittleme »

Tsotsi - an Academy Award-winning film about a gritty young gang leader named Tsotsi who lives on the dangerous and crime-ridden streets of Johannesburg, South Africa. This deeply affecting film traces six days in Tsotsi's life in which he ends up caring for a baby he accidentally kidnaps during a car jacking. With the baby's welfare at stake, Tsotsi is compelled to confront his own brutal nature and face the consequences of his actions, if he ever wishes to find redemption in his life....
Subtitled which is always beta than a dubbed film - made me cry and I don't do that very often (last one being Downfall) :)
life is too good to waste it - so don't :)!!!
Karnorjax
Oolaa

Post by Karnorjax »

Spidey 3 -- Genius... damn good film nice pacing not a lot of slow bits.. jus action thru and thru.. Sandman jus blew me away !! can see that Rami is a classic spidy fan.. venom was so cool but a little under used but good enough !
Is there anyone there ??????? IS THERE ANYONE THERE !!!!!
Hexaphim
LC1

Post by Hexaphim »

Spider-Man 3. A disappointing mess of lots of cool elements that never fit together into a coherent movie.

Sandman was great, but he shouldn't have been in the movie. Drop him, introduce Venom much sooner, and I think the movie would have been a lot better.
The Hex

Some people don't get the Transformers. It's simple. They're big robots. And they change into things. And they fight. This is beautiful and mad. If you do not get this, there is something missing in your soul. - Paul O'Brien
hippy dave
Meltdown

Post by hippy dave »

spiderman 3 without spiderman? i forsee that being a sightly controversial suggestion among spiderman fans.
dance your cares away, worries for another day
Hexaphim
LC1

Post by Hexaphim »

That's not what I said, you damn hippie. :P I said Sandman, he's one of the villains.
The Hex

Some people don't get the Transformers. It's simple. They're big robots. And they change into things. And they fight. This is beautiful and mad. If you do not get this, there is something missing in your soul. - Paul O'Brien
hippy dave
Meltdown

Post by hippy dave »

oh, yeah. guess i can't read :oops: :lol: :oops:
dance your cares away, worries for another day
custard99
Omen
Location: planet hottie near the equator makes this duckie's tail all warped & bothered!

Post by custard99 »

Just home from the cinema, and i got a Spiderman ballon!!!
No prizes for what movie i just watched. It's awesome and look out for Tobey Maguire 'kitty shake' wahahaaaahaaa... fun swinging action!
Quack! Dip, sip & Go!! Or, just do the kitty shake.

shadyboy
Oolaa
antispam: No
Anti Spam: Orbital

Post by shadyboy »

Hot Fuzz - magic, magic, magic....
Love is wise, hatred is foolish.....
Willsy
The Moebius

Post by Willsy »

American Wedding - Still the funniest dance off I have ever seen!