Lost - what are your theories? (**spoiler**)

The General Discussion forum has been setup to enable any kind of non-music discussions between the visitors of the website.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

Willsy
The Moebius
Question: Orbital

Lost - what are your theories? (**spoiler**)

Post by Willsy »

Ok so i guess this could be called a Lost Spoiler thread...

Just interested in hearing what your theories are about Lost. I have heard so many whispers about this program and one in particular that keeps cropping up is that all the people infact died in the plane crash and are merely spirits on the island...

another is that they never get off the island which backs up an earlier comment i made in the non spoiler thread that they have scripts for another 8 years!!!!
"You know, just simple lines intertwining, you know, very much like - I'm really influenced by Mozart and Bach, and it's sort of in between those, really. It's like a Mach piece, really"
Nigel Tufnel talking about his song "Lick My Love Pump" - This Is Spinal Tap.

http://www.myspace.com/willsydesignuk
Dollydagger
Open Mind

Post by Dollydagger »

Hmm this is difficult. I'm only watching it on terrestial tv but some here have seen all of season 1 already and season 2 is starting already in the states/canada I think.

All I know is, I looked at the episode titles on the season 1 dvd (from the link I posted in the other thread) and the last 3 episodes are called exodus 1, 2 & 3 - which I thought implied they get off but could obviously mean something entirely different. :?
I don't use Myspace anymore, you'll find me on Facebook ;-b
Dog
Detached
antispam: No
Anti Spam: Orbital

***SPOILERS***

Post by Dog »

It's a modern day 'Lord of the Flies' with a twist or two.

Basically, the group have already split, thus the two factions are formed, so expect the fighting to start soon. My personal theory on the island itself is that it's some sort of shady corporation's idea of a human behavioral study, where planes are lured down and then the inhabitants are left to fend for themselves whilst being observed.

One major clue to this is the trap door thats soon to be found in the jungle that leads to who knows where...?

The polar bear and other animals can easily be explained by thinking that the previous plane to crash on the island was a cargo carrier, with the animals being the cargo.

Anyway, season 1 is out on DVD here soon, so I'll be buying it and finding out how season 2 will start, because not all of 'em leave the island at the end ;)
"Gimme the sight to see
another world outside that's full of
all the broken things that I made"
Willsy
The Moebius

Post by Willsy »

Hmmm experiment...yeah now you mention it...i did think it was strange that so many people could survive such a crash and also those that did had very few injuries...if any at all! Perhaps they were planted there after being knocked out on the flight and put on the island in an apparent plane crash situation?

Any idea what the "monsters" are?

I have to say as much as i enjoy it i just dont get this prog...i mean the character explanations/flash backs dont seem to bear any significance to the story at hand? Or am i missing a big point here?
"You know, just simple lines intertwining, you know, very much like - I'm really influenced by Mozart and Bach, and it's sort of in between those, really. It's like a Mach piece, really"

stargurl
Geography group B

Post by stargurl »

I don't want to post in here, because I've seen the full season...
Or have you guys seen the whole thing, too?

Season two one week tonight!
chemical_si
Novice

Post by chemical_si »

the flashbacks are supposed to be an insite into there character. you can only pick up so much by observing the characters in real life where as the flash backs show what the real time won't show... if this makes sence.
Karnorjax
Oolaa

Post by Karnorjax »

stargurl wrote:I don't want to post in here, because I've seen the full season...
Or have you guys seen the whole thing, too?

Season two one week tonight!
I second that !!!

and no aimee on uktv we are about 1/2 way thru season one channel 4 took forever to start showing it !
Is there anyone there ??????? IS THERE ANYONE THERE !!!!!
stargurl
Geography group B

Post by stargurl »

Funny how that works.

When I was in Australia (Feb), they were only a couple weeks behind the US broadcasts.
Dog
Detached

Post by Dog »

We're not even halfway through. I think we're up to about ep7. All of my theories are guesswork at the moment, based on what I've seen or read snippets of so far.
"Gimme the sight to see
Emmet
Saint

Post by Emmet »

whilst I enjoy watching Lost there is part of me which says that if it wasn't for the 'ooh, all this is a bit Twin Peaks and unfathomable' it would be a very average show.

Chuck in a few polar bears and the punters have to watch it for eight years just to find out what the hell it was all about. I think the public might get a little bored after the writers run out of interesting 'this is a little bit off the wall' moments. The X Files ran out of good ideas after season 3 if you ask me and that limped on years past its sell by date hoping that people would watch it just to get to the bottom of it.
jessopjessopjessop
LC1

Re: ***SPOILERS***

Post by jessopjessopjessop »

Dog wrote:My personal theory on the island itself is that it's some sort of shady corporation's idea of a human behavioral study, where planes are lured down and then the inhabitants are left to fend for themselves whilst being observed.
I have thought something similar - that the island is a giant social or scientific study for some unknown reason. This doesn't explain the supernatural elements of the show however - Jack's sightings of his dead father for example. And why would Locke describe the 'eyes of the island' as 'beautiful'? What could he mean by that?

I watched all 6 episodes so far again at the weekend with my girlfriend, and I picked up on one possible tasty hint from a background conversation about the strange jungle noises:

passenger 1: what the hell was that noise then?

passenger 2: I don't know but it sounded familiar.

passenger 1: Where are you from?

passenger 2: The Bronx.

Red herring or something more meaningful?
Fact x Importance = News
Willsy
The Moebius

Post by Willsy »

Some good stuff here guys! :D

Dog
Detached

Post by Dog »

The season 1 DVD box set arrived here yesterday.

I've just watched the last episode in season 1. Wow!
"Gimme the sight to see
stargurl
Geography group B

Post by stargurl »

Season 2 starts here tonight! CAN'T WAIT!
Pooka
Adnan

Post by Pooka »

Dog wrote:The season 1 DVD box set arrived here yesterday.

I've just watched the last episode in season 1. Wow!
What?
You got the box set yesterday and you've watched it all already??
Lend me disc 6 then, I'm currently stuck as it doesnt seem to be availible on download! :P

Lucky you Aimee!
You look real great.
In bloodstains.