Are you a smoker?

The General Discussion forum has been setup to enable any kind of non-music discussions between the visitors of the website.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

memly
Meltdown
antispam: No
Question: Orbital
Anti Spam: Orbital

Are you a smoker?

Post by memly »

Something I noticed over in the "Currently listening to..." thread.

The PLA has unwittingly let us into his secret!!

A Marlboro light smoker eh?

I myself am a smoker, and yes I do realise it is very very bad for me, and it makes me smell like a tramp AND it takes a hefty wad out of my monthly pay.

But apart from people who smoke rolling tobacco, how comes everybody (including me) smokes Marlboro lights?

Does it contain some kind of hideously addictive chemical like Nutrillium or Boswellox (Oh yeh, they're made up names for chemicals in shampoos, thats right)...

Is there anybody out there thats bucking the trend?
Or is this a global phenomenon?

I'm sure there must be some kind of conspiracy theory relating to these sticks of pleasure/death....
little twin star
Sinner

:D

Post by little twin star »

hahaha yes i am a smoker and YES marlboro lights :)

i also smoke chesterfield lights, but when i was living in the UK i smoked marlboro lights, because they didnt sell chessies..

hmm... thinking of that..i asked many friends from holland who came over to bring me loads of ciggies..all marlbore light, why didnt i ask for chesterfields? MAYBE because they are highly addictive!

thats it..

now im smoking a brand called elixyr..just because they are 90 cents cheaper that a 'normal' pack with 25 cigarettes...
(skint eh)
davemacfrombath
The Moebius

Post by davemacfrombath »

I smerk marlboro red, cos I'm not a big jessy boy. They all give you cancer anyway.

DJ Entropy
Slugs! HE created slugs! They can't hear. They can't speak. They can't operate machinery. Are we not in the hands of a lunatic?
shadyboy
Oolaa

Post by shadyboy »

I smoke Silk Cuts meself, cos I'm a big poultice smoking fannybawz.
Just had two out the back, along with a pint of Guiness - fekkin lovely....
the PLA
Sinner

NOPE

Post by the PLA »

Those are Ultra Lights & they're not mine, they're Lauren's.

I only smoke a little bit, when I'm drinking alcohol or mixing music. When I do smoke it's usually Lauren's Ultra Lights though.
OUT
OF
STEP
III
Sinner

Post by III »

I don't really see any general advantage to smoking. With alcohol you get drunk, with pot you get high, but with tobacco - nothing.
memly
Meltdown

Post by memly »

I don't really see any general advantage to smoking.
There isnt!
When I was a teenager, I always promised myself I would give up before I was twenty.
When I was twenty I thought 'Sod it, I'll wait until I am 21'
21 became 25.
I am 29 now and my guess is that I will probably be smoking into my 30's.
One day I am sure I will give it up... but I just can't have a drink without lighting up. God know what I am going to do when we go the way of the Americans and ban smoking in public places....

From the mouth of a genius:
"I'm Bill Hicks and I'm dead now because I smoked cigarettes. Cigarettes didn't kill me, a bunch of non-smokers kicked the shit out of me one day. I tried to run, they had more energy than I. I tried to hide, they heard me wheezing. Many of them smelled me. (Sniffing sounds) "There he is, get him!" (Pants) "Oh, he's hardly fucking moving, this is pathetic!" (Pants) "Look, he's still trying to get away, he's like a roach, step on him!" (Pants) "Squash him!" "Let's kill him and pee on him. Yeah!"
custard99
Omen
Location: planet hottie near the equator makes this duckie's tail all warped & bothered!

Post by custard99 »

Hmm a smoker yes i am ..from social smoker to 3 sticks a day smoke whilst waiting for bus type smoker ;)

Hmm Malboro lights are awful ... what got be smoking was kreteks or clove ciggies and i insist on sampoerna menthol. Mmmmmmmmmmm
Quack! Dip, sip & Go!! Or, just do the kitty shake.

Dollydagger
Open Mind

Post by Dollydagger »

I wouldn't class myself as a smoker tho I do like the odd fag in a social context. Back when I used to buy em, first it was always Marlboro Light menthols then just plain Marlboro lights. I don't know why, prob because I knew the brand from the menthols and I got them then cos they were 'lights.'
Nasty habit anyway :twisted: My boyfriend smokes rollies cos he's a skint student but he's not allowed to smoke in my house and he's trying to give up too...

III: keep that thought!!!
I don't use Myspace anymore, you'll find me on Facebook ;-b
usernick
Detached

Post by usernick »

Embassy Number One's - probably (in some subliminal way) due to the snooker associations (can't think of any other reasons why)?

Nah, Marlboro Lights are for jessies! :P :lol:
custard99
Omen
Location: planet hottie near the equator makes this duckie's tail all warped & bothered!

Post by custard99 »

i lurvvvvvvvvvve sampoerna ... now i smoke 4 sticks a day and the bloody govt just raised the price of ciggies again (twice every year!!). Now my fags cost $1 per stick! Some expensive candy!

Spit at the govt...
Quack! Dip, sip & Go!! Or, just do the kitty shake.

little twin star
Sinner

lol

Post by little twin star »

nick..is that ALL u have to say about your smoking habit?!

:lol:

*uche uche*
usernick
Detached

Post by usernick »

* cough* *splutter* *giggle*

:lol:

Just going outside for a smoke! :mrgreen:
hippy dave
Meltdown

Post by hippy dave »

davemacfrombath wrote:I smerk marlboro red, cos I'm not a big jessy boy. They all give you cancer anyway.
i remember going on holiday with a bunch of mates and mates-of-mates years ago, and one of the mates-of-mates smoked unfiltered camels. had a couple, definitely hardcore. could really taste the cancer.

i've never really smoked cigarettes as a habit. did the smoking-at-the-pub thing for a little while at school/college, smoked spliffs occasionally and then full-time (all day every day) for some of my time at uni, sometimes took up smoking cigarettes just during exams. these days it's very very rare i'll have a cigarette, and i probably end up smoking weed a couple of times a month. all good.

which cigs is it that have the holes in the filter? meh, if we ended up with them we'd always wrap a bit of rizla over the holes :lol:
dance your cares away, worries for another day
usernick
Detached

Post by usernick »

hippy dave wrote:
davemacfrombath wrote:I smerk marlboro red, cos I'm not a big jessy boy. They all give you cancer anyway.
which cigs is it that have the holes in the filter? meh, if we ended up with them we'd always wrap a bit of rizla over the holes :lol:
Yup, that's either Marlboro Lights or Silk Cut. Apparently, you're more likely to get throat cancer from smoking lights, as you tend to inhale a lot more smoke than stronger ones (or something like that)! :D

And, yeah, if I'm reduced to lights, then a bit of rizla stuck over the end effectively turns it into a Marlboro Red! :P