Can we please get a U.S. Tour?

The General Discussion forum has been setup to enable any kind of non-music discussions between the visitors of the website.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

jefffinsd

Can we please get a U.S. Tour?

Post by jefffinsd »

Dear Orbital,

Please arrange a tour in the U.S. this fall. You have thousands of fans across the pond and we would love to enjoy your new stage set up and tunes in person rather than on the internet. Please, please, please...
jefffinsd

Re: Can we please get a U.S. Tour?

Post by jefffinsd »

Well, I just found some good and hopeful news. Orbital is slated to play at the Decibel Festival in Seattle, WA at the end of September http://dbfestival.com/. Now if they are willing to lug all their gear to Seattle, perhaps they could find the time for a U.S. tour, please hit up Southern California, before heading back to the UK for their December dates. Fingers crossed.
dj_mosquito
antispam: No
Question: Orbital
Anti Spam: Orbital

Post by dj_mosquito »

i just sent an email offering to volunteer at the festival. if they only want people in the seattle area then i'm ok with that. just want to know if they are interested before i buy a ticket. i've sat at the monitor desk twice in atlanta when orbital was playing and its just as enjoyable musically. its also a fucking easy job to run monitors for the brothers.
jefffinsd

Post by jefffinsd »

YES - http://orbitalofficial.com/news.asp#. Only a couple hours drive from my house. Let's hope other Southern California dates are added. I'm not complaining, but would love a full solo concert gig rather than a festival - but I'll take it.
dj_mosquito

Post by dj_mosquito »

now announced for the moogfest:
http://lineup.moogfest.com/?sort=day
jefffinsd

Post by jefffinsd »

bristol

Post by bristol »

Couldn't be more excited. I never thought I would get to see the boys live (seems like all the shows post-split have been overseas & it's expensive to fly across the pond for a show). But I've got tickets for Seattle and Portland. :mrgreen:
tnicolaides
Anti Spam: orbital

Post by tnicolaides »

very disappointed that Orbital have apparently rescheduled their San Francisco intimate gig sept 24 for a "rave" job in oakland on sept 29. Can't get off work that day so now will miss out. #gutted
DuckFeet

Post by DuckFeet »

Hey guys,

I'm going to see Orbital on 3 dates, 26, 27, 28th in BC, WA, and OR respectively.

I was wondering if there's anyone in the US that would like to tag along to party in Canada and the US and split lodging or couch surf. Cheers. :mrgreen:

-Christian
MadPooter

Post by MadPooter »

The San Francisco show has been cancelled.

:x

It looks like, though, they're going to be performing at the Bay Area Wonderland festival.

However, I am absolutely gutted--I don't know if I can afford to make this. It's $100 instead of $32. :-(

Edit: Just saw the post by tnicolaides. I suppose I'll have to go for the both of us. I'll sell some things. BAH!
jefffinsd

Post by jefffinsd »

I'm thoroughly bummed to be missing out on Orbital this tour. I was hoping for an Los Angeles or even San Diego date. Even though they are playing in San Bernadino, which is basically LA, I can't really justify spending $100 for a one hour festival set. I was tempted to fly to Portland or San Francisco (now Oakland), but that would have been a several hundred dollar concert. Hopefully they we will be back in the not too distant future. I really love their set list and stage set up, this go around. It is looking likley, based on the well produced videos that a live DVD is in the future (hopefully), so I'll have to get my live fix via YouTube and the possible DVD.
Badger
Doctor Look Out

Post by Badger »

The set will be an hour and a half at least. But I can see the pain of paying for a festival rather than a solo show.
https://www.facebook.com/matt.christie.777

"Even a stopped cloak gives the right jacket twice a day"
Cranks21

Post by Cranks21 »

I'm surprised that they have not added more East Coast dates. They're going to fly over here and play 5 West Coast/North America shows at the end of the month and then come back a month later to play one show in North Carolina? I thought that they'd be adding a New York show with a possibility of Boston, Philly, Atlanta or Chicago. Just something else besides the one off in October. Anyone hear talk of more dates?
DuckFeet

Post by DuckFeet »

Well the show in Vancouver was excellent but there was a technical mishap during Halcyon but it was only for a minute.

The show in Portland was terrible. There was another technical mishap during Halcyon and it was for like 10 mins!!! The crowd just wasn't that into it. In addition they didn't have anything to buy as they sold out of basically all the T-shirts at the Seattle show at the Decibel Festival.

Overall, good but not as good as their Altogether tour which is the last time I saw them. I absolutely understand everyone's pain with paying 100's to go see Orbital. I'm from the Midwest and I spent a pretty penny to see them in the Pacific Northwest because I know they're not coming back to America for a long time.
jefffinsd

Post by jefffinsd »

Thanks for the Vancouver and Portland show reviews. I've caught some clips and YouTube and liked how they now include New France into the set list, could you provide a full set list for us forum followers? I wonder what they took out, since they also added Dr. ? I was bummed to miss them on their western U.S. visit but my wife would not justify the expense to see a band I have already seen nearly 10 times before. I did catch them most recently in San Francisco in 2010, which was an awesome gig, but with their new(er) material and new stage and lighting I was really hoping to catch them again. I was disappointed to see on the YouTube clips, that they left their LED screens behind on this leg of the tour. It must be really expensive to ship and insure all their gear when they tour across the pond. How do you know they are not coming back to America for a long time, I hope that's not the case.