Live mp3?

The General Discussion forum has been setup to enable any kind of non-music discussions between the visitors of the website.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

ST55
antispam: No
Question: Orbital
Anti Spam: Orbital

Live mp3?

Post by ST55 »

First off, massive massive thanks to Phil & Paul for an epic night at Cambridge. The new versions of Are We here and Halcyon were amazing. Does anyone have or know where i can get an mp3 of the set from any of the recent nights (preferbly Cambridge) but would love to have an mp3 of the new live set

Cheers

Paulus
Karnorjax
Oolaa

Re: Live mp3?

Post by Karnorjax »

nope but youcan get the are were here new mix with carpenters sample on the BOILER ROOM DJ set they did.. whole MP3 is on itunes
Is there anyone there ??????? IS THERE ANYONE THERE !!!!!
roorback
Novice

Post by roorback »

Karnorjax wrote:nope but youcan get the are were here new mix with carpenters sample on the BOILER ROOM DJ set they did.. whole MP3 is on itunes
Karnorjax
Oolaa

Post by Karnorjax »

indeed have a look at my sleives !
Is there anyone there ??????? IS THERE ANYONE THERE !!!!!
Kansler
Sinner

Post by Kansler »

It's a piece of cake to bake a pretty cake
dj_mosquito

Post by dj_mosquito »

there's a video of the full melkweg show here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBNwb60YoPY
and whomever it is also uploaded the audio to soundcloud here: http://soundcloud.com/k33ti3/orbital

not a great recording but its not too bad as a reference.
Timbob
Monsters Exist!

Post by Timbob »

dj_mosquito wrote:there's a video of the full melkweg show here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBNwb60YoPY
and whomever it is also uploaded the audio to soundcloud here: http://soundcloud.com/k33ti3/orbital

I don't get people that film a complete concert...
Unles you can set up a camera somewhere. But standing still the whole set, holding a camera? Buh.
If someone did that in front of me, I'd probably bump into them as much as possible on purpose while dancing, just to piss them of.
It's 106 miles to Chicago.
We got a full tank of gas,
half a pack of cigarettes.
It's dark and we are wearing sunglasses
legspin
Open Mind

Post by legspin »

Timbob wrote:
dj_mosquito wrote:there's a video of the full melkweg show here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBNwb60YoPY

I don't get people that film a complete concert...
Unles you can set up a camera somewhere. But standing still the whole set, holding a camera? Buh.
If someone did that in front of me, I'd probably bump into them as much as possible on purpose while dancing, just to piss them of.
+1

Also, if there is more footage like this out there I'm not sure whether this is really the place to be posting it. Small personal snippets perhaps but full illegal copies of gigs? Dangerous ground, I fear.
Be Pure, Be Vigilant, BEHAVE.
dj_mosquito

Post by dj_mosquito »

i can understand the sentiment, but:
a) the video is shit
b) the audio is only marginally ok

however i'd love to have a discussion on why its seen as illegal (its not my video btw). there was nothing at the melkweg that said no cameras or recording devices. if they started to sell said footage (god help whomever pays for it) or audio, now we are talking about something that is illegal, but the act of recording it and putting it online is not. however my perspective is from the usa, so i could be off base in what is copyright infringement in the eu.

but having seen orbital multiple times over the years, and for that matter hundreds of concerts both from the crowd as well as the monitor desk, things have changed drastically over the years. i remember getting pat downs and having to turn out my pockets. I remember seeing purses searched. hell if you tried to go in with anything (like a backpack, etc) they laughed at you and turned you away until you ditched it. today, virtually everyone has a camera and audio recorder on them at all times. about the only thing i've seen that is considered an issue is if you try to take professional equipment in to a show. even that's debatable as i've seen those in the crowd as well.

i'm not condone people to go out and record every show the attend in full, but its not like the quality is going to be that good. all you need is an artist with a decent sub and the mics on most recorders just die. but i don't think the arguement of it being illegal can be used unless they are selling it.
legspin
Open Mind

Post by legspin »

Sorry I should have been a little more precise. I meant specifically posting it here. Copyright laws are different the world over, venues have their own rules and whether they enforce them or not is up to themselves. Likewise, what goes on on other sites is for them to decide.
I would hate to see Loopz get grief over copyright issues. I don't know what P+P's management are like about this but if it were me I would be annoyed at it. Add in SOPA and other bollocks like that now and you have a can of worms that, if I was in charge, I would just shut down and walk away from. Let some other poor git take the rap if he wants.

Granted, as a fan site this is where we get to share stuff we have with other slightly obsessed folk and with less restriction than possibly the official site would have, but the resource we have here should not be seen as detrimental in anyway towards why we are here in the first place.

Just as an example...
This was the official site for a long time (why it still isn't is another matter completely and shall not fall within the pervue of this topic) and I believe the Lads would occasionally drop in. This meant we did actually get snippets of info from the horse's mouth. I would hate to have this goodwill withdrawn over something like this.

I may be just over-reacting of course but...
Be Pure, Be Vigilant, BEHAVE.