“24 Minutes” - The IT skam feat music by Orbital

The General Discussion forum has been setup to enable any kind of non-music discussions between the visitors of the website.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

Loopz
Site Admin
Question: Orbital

“24 Minutes” - The IT skam feat music by Orbital

Post by Loopz »

Link

“24 Minutes” – Please distribute to friends – don’t get caught out by this skam!

This is a very common IT phone Skam but unfortunately the phone skammer didn’t realise he was calling an IT department. We decided to play the “game” of a non-IT user before exposing him as a Skam. There is some information on the Skam itself at the end of the film.

Note: These skammers will invest a lot of time just to get what they want. Even with all the obvious jokes and blatant insults they still carried on trying. The phone call was a total of 24 minutes but we only started recording part way through. We had already had a conversation about a firewall, in which we related it to the wall outside the house. This person thought he was dealing with a complete thicko by this time.

p.s. There is a little bit of ORBITAL at the beginning and at the end of the film, from the forthcoming album WONKY

p.p.s. Yes that is Loopz doing the talking
Badger
Doctor Look Out
antispam: No
Anti Spam: Orbital

Re: “24 Minutes” - The IT skam feat music by Orbital

Post by Badger »

I was wetting myself at this. Well played Loopz. :applause

My mum has been getting no end of calls like these and I've already taken 3 since i got here on Thursday. Told them all to piss off and not call this number again.

It's worrying how many people they actually convince.
https://www.facebook.com/matt.christie.777

"Even a stopped cloak gives the right jacket twice a day"
memly
Meltdown
antispam: No
Anti Spam: Orbital

Post by memly »

Very good.
But how did it all start?? What was he offering you when he phoned up?

Love the phonejacker visuals. 8)
I don't know you people...why are you here?
MEMS MUZAK
Loopz
Site Admin

Post by Loopz »

They rang one of my team and said that "your machine" is producing errors that they have spotted. They said they can connect to fix the problem and even show us the errors. The first person speaking was not very good at English and my team member didnt know what to say, so i took over. Then the caller put his supervisor on as they were not winning me over. It was at this point, that we started recording.... :)

I had a lot of fun making the video but the caller really helped with some of his phrases. I couldnt believe he said "hanky panky" !