Glastonbury

The General Discussion forum has been setup to enable any kind of non-music discussions between the visitors of the website.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

user name
Saint

Re: Glastonbury

Post by user name »

personally i prefer a tent to a 42 " plasma but each to their own...
Funky Dung
Adnan
Question: Orbital

Post by Funky Dung »

I'm going. I always go. I don't think I ever really leave.
"People say that alcohol's a drug. It's not a drug, it's a drink."
Funky Dung
Adnan

Post by Funky Dung »

tcb2000 wrote:I actually really enjoy Glastonbury from the comfort of my own 42" plasma...the BBC coverage is usually fantastic.
Not even HD can capture the magic of a night spent blundering through the back-ends of fields that 'definitely weren't here last year' with your eyes in backwards and your arm around someone you haven't met yet, tomorrow's sun melting facepaint you don't know you're wearing and two hours of boil-in-the-bag anti-sleep ahead of you - with a vodka and Berocca cocktail coming for breakfast.
"People say that alcohol's a drug. It's not a drug, it's a drink."
memly
Meltdown
antispam: No
Anti Spam: Orbital

Post by memly »

Funky Dung wrote: Not even HD can capture the magic of a night spent blundering through the back-ends of fields that 'definitely weren't here last year' with your eyes in backwards and your arm around someone you haven't met yet, tomorrow's sun melting facepaint you don't know you're wearing and two hours of boil-in-the-bag anti-sleep ahead of you - with a vodka and Berocca cocktail coming for breakfast.
God I dont think my brain can handle such activities nowadays...
I really dont miss turning up at my tent at 10 in the morning having watched the sun rise in the green fields and having an hours power sleep in the tent covered in sweat and stinking of fags n jd.... ok maybe I miss it a tad.
I have certainly discovered a need for more sleep and a desperate desire to sleep in a horzontal position and not sliding down your tent because its on an angle in my 30s...

As wussy as it sounds, I would love to do Glasto (without the whole hassle of the ordering system) but get a nice b&b somewhere off site so when you've had enough you can retreat to a clean bed and a shower (not in that order obviously).
I do miss the real hedonistic parts of Glasto; The Glade, Lost Vagueness etc. But I my passion for the sheer size of it and what Glaso stand for has diminished over the years.
Its more about Bestival & Big Chill for me nowadays.
I don't know you people...why are you here?
MEMS MUZAK
davemacfrombath
The Moebius

Post by davemacfrombath »

memly wrote:God I dont think my brain can handle such activities nowadays....
as anyone who saw you after Orbital at Big Chill can attest.....
Slugs! HE created slugs! They can't hear. They can't speak. They can't operate machinery. Are we not in the hands of a lunatic?
davemacfrombath
The Moebius

Post by davemacfrombath »

PS. If I won the lottery the first thing I'd buy (after I sobered up) would be a nice house in Pilton.
Slugs! HE created slugs! They can't hear. They can't speak. They can't operate machinery. Are we not in the hands of a lunatic?
memly
Meltdown
antispam: No
Anti Spam: Orbital

Post by memly »

davemacfrombath wrote:
memly wrote:God I dont think my brain can handle such activities nowadays....
as anyone who saw you after Orbital at Big Chill can attest.....
Err yeah, although that was a fantastic night by what I can remember.
I don't know you people...why are you here?
MEMS MUZAK
deschwah

Post by deschwah »

Funky Dung wrote:
tcb2000 wrote:I actually really enjoy Glastonbury from the comfort of my own 42" plasma...the BBC coverage is usually fantastic.
Not even HD can capture the magic of a night spent blundering through the back-ends of fields that 'definitely weren't here last year' with your eyes in backwards and your arm around someone you haven't met yet, tomorrow's sun melting facepaint you don't know you're wearing and two hours of boil-in-the-bag anti-sleep ahead of you - with a vodka and Berocca cocktail coming for breakfast.
i'm still laughing at this :applause