LEFTFIELD are playing Rockness

The General Discussion forum has been setup to enable any kind of non-music discussions between the visitors of the website.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

chemical_si
Novice
Question: Orbital

LEFTFIELD are playing Rockness

Post by chemical_si »

ROCKNESS ARE VERY PROUD TO ANNOUNCE…

THE RETURN OF LEFTFIELD

ELECTRONIC PIONEERS RETURN FOR THE FIRST LIVE SHOW IN A DECADE

“… the best dance album ever” (Leftism)”, – The Face

“Fervently brilliant dub-techno masterpiece”, (Leftism)” – NME

“One of the 20 Greatest Albums of all time”, (Leftism) – Readers of Q Magazine

“A high energy, banging masterpiece that redefined British house music”, (Leftism) – Rolling Stone

PLUS CHASE & STATUS and BOYS NOIZE ADDED TO THE LINE-UP

RockNess is extremely proud to announce that LEFTFIELD will return with a live performance at this summer’s festival – a first for over 10 years and a stunning exclusive for the fast-rising Most Beautiful Festival in the World, staged on the shores of iconic Loch Ness in the Scottish Highlands.

Acknowledged as one of the most influential exponents of electronica of all time – LEFTFIELD were one of the first truly great crossover acts, trailblazing into previously unexplored territory and carving a path for a raft of great artists including Underworld, The Chemical Brothers and The Prodigy. The sheer brilliance of the band’s debut album Leftism – a startling piece of work that even now remains peerless – firmly sealed a place in dance music history. Fusing epic soundscapes with intoxicating rhythms and guest vocalists including John Lydon, LEFTFIELD created a mind melting adventure deserving of the sweeping acclaim and lofty nominations bestowed upon LEFTFIELD.

An official statement from LEFTFIELD is expected soon.

Listen to a mix of their best tracks! http://www.zshare.net/audio/718238872580dea8/

Festival Director Jim King said: “We’re been trying to get Leftfield to do some shows for years and now its actually going to happen. Ask any electronic bands who was an inspiration for them and Leftfield will always be listed. I was fortunate to see them live over 10 years ago and if you think the Prodigy are loud then you won’t know what hit you when Leftfield kick in. The Band just have everything in the locker from the pounding bass lines of ‘Phat Planet’ to the pioneering and visionary beauty of ‘Melt’. Get on line now and reconnect with the band that unquestionably defined the music of a whole generation.”

Adding further excitement is the announcement that drum and bass extraordinaires CHASE & STATUS join the bill along with German electro house maven BOYS NOIZE.

Check out some amazing videos of them tearing it up on stage!

BOYS NOIZE @ I LOVE TECHNO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEISwToc2d0

CHASE & STATUS @ Reading
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXcI7CFt59k

These latest acts augment the already confirmed RockNess line-up to date which includes THE STROKES, FRIENDLY FIRES, SOULWAX, 2 MANY DJs, ANNIE MAC, CLUB 75 featuring XAVIER DE ROSNAY (Justice), BUSY P, CASSIUS and DJ MEHDI, and ROB DA BANK.

Bearing testament to the burgeoning kudos of RockNess, BBC RADIO 1 is the OFFICIAL RADIO PARTNER this year with the station’s hottest names each hosting their own unique arenas.

And in another monstrous Scottish festival exclusive, the spectacular sensory overload known as the ARCADIA ARENA makes its big, bold RockNess debut in one of the first times witnessed outside Glastonbury.

RockNess 2010 - The Most Beautiful Festival in the World - takes place on Friday 11th – Sunday 13th June and returns as a three-day event following last year's success when the Main Stage got the party started on the Friday night for the first time.

Tickets for RockNess are available the RockNess website and Ticketline - http://www.ticketline.co.uk, and on general sale via all other ticket agents. Prices are as follows:

2 Day Weekend Tickets (including camping) £130.00

3 Day Weekend Tickets (including camping) £149.00

Limited Student Offer: 3 Day Weekend Tickets (including camping and free travel) £139.00
memly
Meltdown
antispam: No
Anti Spam: Orbital

Re: LEFTFIELD are playing Rockness

Post by memly »

Heh, just got there before you Si...

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2740

But still great news! I hope I get to see them over the summer...
I don't know you people...why are you here?
MEMS MUZAK
chemical_si
Novice

Re: LEFTFIELD are playing Rockness

Post by chemical_si »

sorry my bad
usernick
Detached
antispam: No
Anti Spam: Orbital