Wny no live love for Snivilisation?

The General Discussion forum has been setup to enable any kind of non-music discussions between the visitors of the website.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

funkster
antispam: No
Question: Orbital
Anti Spam: Orbital

Wny no live love for Snivilisation?

Post by funkster »

First time poster

Having seen Orbital live from 1995 onwards, I can not really remember a time, other than the 1995 Tribal Gathering gig, where there has been much from Snivilisation played live.

I know they opened with "Forever" for a while, but "Sad but True" and "Are we here?" are 2 of my fav tracks.

Anyone got any thoughts?

p.s Brixton 24th was amazing, especially as I was over the front barrier dead centre :D
Kyblik
Sinner

Re: Wny no live love for Snivilisation?

Post by Kyblik »

Snivilisation tracks are more listening-oriented and doesnt fit too well for a gig where people dance a jump and such.
i would love to hear some Snivilisation stuff live, but those tracks they played are much more classic, well known and dance-oriented.
on the other hand Out There Somewhere? is also more listening-oriented, but is again more classic.
funkster

Post by funkster »

I see your point, but as you pointed out there are other tracks that are less "dancey"

I love Funny Break but even though that was a single it was only played in a "remix" on the live dates.

Oh well......
memly
Meltdown

Post by memly »

Are We Here used to get a bit of the live touch, but I dont think I have heard it live since the early naughties...

I agree that the live sets of recent have been more geared towards pounding beats and searing leads... but I like that!!

It was great to hear Out There Somewhere being incorporated into the setlist though.
I would also like to hear a bit of Forever too.

I would also have liked One Perfect Sunrise to have been substituted for You Lot...

However I genuinely think this tour has had the best set list I can remember though. But obviously this will not be mirrored by everybody.
I don't know you people...why are you here?
MEMS MUZAK
darkorb
Novice

Post by darkorb »

Crash and Carry would be insane live. Would love to see that one. :)
thehitcher
Novice

Post by thehitcher »

memly wrote:Are We Here used to get a bit of the live touch, but I dont think I have heard it live since the early naughties...

I agree that the live sets of recent have been more geared towards pounding beats and searing leads... but I like that!!

It was great to hear Out There Somewhere being incorporated into the setlist though.

I would also have liked One Perfect Sunrise to have been substituted for You Lot...

However I genuinely think this tour has had the best set list I can remember though. But obviously this will not be mirrored by everybody.
I would thin that if they were to tour again Are We Here would be a good chioce to open up.

I would have liked to have heard Technolgique Park in for One Perfect Sunrise myself
slurmjunkie

Post by slurmjunkie »

memly wrote:

Totally agree with all four statements! Bring on Forever and You Lot, get rid of OPS!
user name
Saint

Post by user name »

forever would be interesting , you recon you lot would be good? sad but true maybe...
tcb2000
Adnan

Post by tcb2000 »

You Lot was stunning when it was done at the final gigs in 2004. Would be great to hear it again.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
memly
Meltdown

Post by memly »

user name wrote:forever would be interesting , you recon you lot would be good? sad but true maybe...
Not a fan of You Lot then user name?
As tcb2000 said; it was a great addition to the set when played in 04, it was definately the stand out track from the Blue Album.
Forever would be a great opener though, its a beautiful track.
MEMS MUZAK
funkster

Post by funkster »

funkster wrote:First time poster

Having seen Orbital live from 1995 onwards, I can not really remember a time, other than the 1995 Tribal Gathering gig, where there has been much from Snivilisation played live.

I know they opened with "Forever" for a while, but "Sad but True" and "Are we here?" are 2 of my fav tracks.

Anyone got any thoughts?

p.s Brixton 24th was amazing, especially as I was over the front barrier dead centre :D
Just thought I'd dig this thread up as I was a very happy man last night :mrgreen:
memly
Meltdown

Post by memly »

Yes, I'm sure you were a happy man! Tracks from Sniv certainly sound good live.
MEMS MUZAK
davemacfrombath
The Moebius

Post by davemacfrombath »

I'm certainly a happy chappy today. Best gig for years last night. Fantastic!
Slugs! HE created slugs! They can't hear. They can't speak. They can't operate machinery. Are we not in the hands of a lunatic?
Eis-T

Post by Eis-T »

are we here was played at amsterdam, it was epic!
the only thing i didnt like about it was the 1/2 tempo feel they tried to put in there, it took the energy from the track IMO. But thats a minor thing: the best thing is that they played it and i was there having an eargasm :P
thehitcher
Novice

Post by thehitcher »

Eis-T wrote:are we here was played at amsterdam, it was epic!
the only thing i didnt like about it was the 1/2 tempo feel they tried to put in there, it took the energy from the track IMO. But thats a minor thing: the best thing is that they played it and i was there having an eargasm :P
i liked the slower start and the normal raster tempo kicking in after the sirens