Last night in Manchester...

The General Discussion forum has been setup to enable any kind of non-music discussions between the visitors of the website.

Moderators: Loopz, usernick, legspin, jof, the PLA

chime
Saint
Question: Orbital

Last night in Manchester...

Post by chime »

It was only the 9th time I've seen the boys play live, but it was the best gig by a mile. I'm not putting anything on about the set list but I guarantee you won't be disappointed with the sound and the visuals and the odd little surprise thrown in for good measure!, Delphic (support) were also excellent.
Add me on facebook if you want to see the pics from last night - http://www.facebook.com/mark.ashall
Nice to eventually meet Nick and Sid for the first time after speaking on here for an eternity :-)
Kagey
Geography group B
antispam: No
Anti Spam: Orbital

Re: Last night in Manchester...

Post by Kagey »

Saturday night in Manchester was unbloody believable :applause :applause :applause :applause

I seriously had a tough time trying to think when I've seen them any better than that and there's a fair few to choose from
They certainly have never sounded this good, bearing in mind how good the MoN tour was

If your reading I just wanna say thank you, its f*cking awesome having ya back

Especially loving the I.D. remix of the box :wink:
http://www.clockworkdisco.com

"Let's face it, "digital sound" is a misnomer...

Unless you plug the wires directly into your skull, at the end of the chain is a set of speakers pumping back-and-forth turning ANY signal into analogue waves..."
shadyboy
Oolaa

Post by shadyboy »

Just to help with travel plans for Glasgow tonight:- what time did they come on & how long roughly was their set?
Love is wise, hatred is foolish.....
Kagey
Geography group B

Post by Kagey »

onstage at 9pm and play for 2 hrs
http://www.clockworkdisco.com

"Let's face it, "digital sound" is a misnomer...

Unless you plug the wires directly into your skull, at the end of the chain is a set of speakers pumping back-and-forth turning ANY signal into analogue waves..."
Halycon

Post by Halycon »

yeah last night (sat) was unbelievable. Far better that when I saw them at Glasto 04. As I know you dont like spoiling the surprise of set lists on this board, I wont say what it was, but my only (slight) disappointment was not hearing my favourite orbital track. Soundsystem was fucking brilliant. I remember my jeans Vibrating with the bass at one point!
SpookyC

Post by SpookyC »

Fantastic night.

Only the 3rd time Ive seen Orbital live but without doubt the best. Stunning visuals and, what with todays mega memory card storage, managed to grab 1.5 hours of footage on my camera, albeit with tinny sound. Might upload the best bits to youtube sometime.

Ears are still ringing.
thehitcher
Novice

Post by thehitcher »

My 1st time last night at an Orbital gig, i have been waiting since 2002 to see them, and its was easily the best gig i have ever been to from start to finish i had nothing but a large smile on my face :D the sound was awesome, especially the bass!!!but you didnt lose the top end either.Great Visuals too. Now sahll i go on wednesday at sheffield(massive attack tommorrow)...
usernick
Detached

Post by usernick »

thehitcher wrote:My 1st time last night at an Orbital gig, i have been waiting since 2002 to see them, and its was easily the best gig i have ever been to from start to finish i had nothing but a large smile on my face :D the sound was awesome, especially the bass!!!but you didnt lose the top end either.Great Visuals too. Now sahll i go on wednesday at sheffield(massive attack tommorrow)...
Got to be done! :)

8)
legspin
Open Mind

Post by legspin »

Just back in Hibernia.
I hurt most greatly. I think it is deeply unfair of the Lads to inflict such pain on an old man. Where is the justice in making me dance quite so hard. I feel like I've just had six hours of scrummaging practice against a rhino. I'm beginning to think they are actually sadists

Mind you, if they are I'm a masochist 'coz I want to do that again and again. What a fucking night.

Great to see you all again folks.
Be Pure, Be Vigilant, BEHAVE.
memly
Meltdown

Post by memly »

I had tickets and a hotel booked for the Manchester gig, but was too unwell to attend. I even had to cut short my Kraftwerk gig the previous Saturday too.
I will have to make up for it this Friday!!
I don't know you people...why are you here?
MEMS MUZAK
legspin
Open Mind

Post by legspin »

Spoiler alert

Now that the pain has gone a few thoughts on last Saturday's gig.

Out There Somewhere. A surprising start tbh. A nice warm-up for what was to follow. The mash-up with The Mobius was certainly original to my ears anyway and was as good as a whole new tune afaic.
No disappointment this time with Know Where To Run. It is a consistent favourite of mine and I think it was just the reworking of it at the Big Chill that left me wanting the album version. This time I knew what to expect when I heard the opening fuzz and I enjoyed it infinitly more.
Again going back to the Chill and my questioning of ? as the closer. This time it worked. Maybe it was just 'coz it was a proper encore, I don't know.

The rest of the set was the same only better, much better.

Thanks Lads for a fantastic night.
Be Pure, Be Vigilant, BEHAVE.
davemacfrombath
The Moebius

Post by davemacfrombath »

I'm STILL buzzing off it....
Slugs! HE created slugs! They can't hear. They can't speak. They can't operate machinery. Are we not in the hands of a lunatic?
pooptoad

Post by pooptoad »

I am still buzzing from the Glasgow gig myself.
thehitcher
Novice

Post by thehitcher »

legspin wrote:Spoiler alert

Now that the pain has gone a few thoughts on last Saturday's gig.

Out There Somewhere. A surprising start tbh. A nice warm-up for what was to follow. The mash-up with The Mobius was certainly original to my ears anyway and was as good as a whole new tune afaic.
No disappointment this time with Know Where To Run. It is a consistent favourite of mine and I think it was just the reworking of it at the Big Chill that left me wanting the album version. This time I knew what to expect when I heard the opening fuzz and I enjoyed it infinitly more.
Again going back to the Chill and my questioning of ? as the closer. This time it worked. Maybe it was just 'coz it was a proper encore, I don't know.

The rest of the set was the same only better, much better.

Thanks Lads for a fantastic night.
Im for one think it was a wise move putting out there at the start, couldnt see that working much as an encore, as for the box and doctor, it worked perfect. It was nice to see they moved away from the predictable Doctor into Chime Routine, guess thats why the called it a day 5 year ago. Although would have preferred to have had the more distinguished sound of doctor instead of the high pitched one.
chime
Saint

Post by chime »

Video of entrance from last Friday in Manchester: -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTNQXJ7_vts

:-)